Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2018, 03:31 PM   #1

Default I Sold my FF and Bought a Coleman

Due to my wife's stroke, we needed more room and better access than in our FF XT-190Xtra. We purchased a very little used 23' Coleman TT.

I have been a member for a few years and enjoy the people here, but due to no longer owning a Fun Finder trailer, do I have to leave this site??

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #2

No way!! Please stick around, and congrats on your new TT. Let's hope for many more years of happy traveling for you and your wife!

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #3
APD

I think you should stay. Your knowledge and experience is needed and appreciated.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
No way!! Please stick around, and congrats on your new TT. Let's hope for many more years of happy traveling for you and your wife!
Thank you Dan,
I appreciate your welcome and warm thoughts. The wife and I were just settling into retirement and she was hit with 4 strokes (that we know of) in about one month. She went from walking a mile or more each day, to life in a wheelchair. We're fighters and basically take what life deals out, but don't go down without a fight!!
This has been a good site and I enjoy the camaraderie of all here! Thank you; I will keep you up to date with pics and mods to the new TT, as many will work elsewhere!

Old 08-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
I think you should stay. Your knowledge and experience is needed and appreciated.
Thank you APD,
I appreciate your kind thoughts and welcome!
This is a good site with great folks! I enjoy the camaraderie of all here and enjoy reading all the comments and mods everyone does to their own units! I will post any pics and mods to the new TT, as many will work elsewhere!

Old 08-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #6

John, here is your next project -- post some photos of your ramp system for getting the wheelchair into the trailer! I am sure there are many of us who will be needing that device, sooner or later. And I really admire your wife's spirit -- rather than staying at home, she and you will find a way to keep traveling!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
John, here is your next project -- post some photos of your ramp system for getting the wheelchair into the trailer! I am sure there are many of us who will be needing that device, sooner or later. And I really admire your wife's spirit -- rather than staying at home, she and you will find a way to keep traveling!
So far Dan, my wife can (with help) manage to climb the 3 stairs and 1 step (Total 4 steps) into the trailer. We checked into a standing lift system, but "The Boss" said. "I will climb those stairs!" and she is able to (so far). I did like the height of the FF at 2 stairs (3 steps) vs, the Coleman at 3 stairs (4 steps). However the door seems a bit wider, the grab bar is better and the full-width rear bath w/tub is a luxury that will give The Boss much better access.
I also like this trailer is winterized, if you will, with roof, walls, floors, piping, and tanks all insulated for colder weather use. I'll do a walk-around with the camera and take pics as received to be compared with any mods.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:19 AM   #8

John,
Glad to hear your wife has such a fighting spirit and is still wanting to get out and about in the new camper. For sure, stick around and continue to share your knowledge and travels with us. Looking fwd to seeing vids or pics of the new trailer.

geo
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:45 PM   #9

John- Stick around. The fellow forum members are gracious here. We also have left a couple of FunFinders behind and moved to a different brand. I still love reading the amazing fixes and experiences related here. That is why I check in from time to time. Best wishes for you and your wife.
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw photographics View Post
John,
Glad to hear your wife has such a fighting spirit and is still wanting to get out and about in the new camper. For sure, stick around and continue to share your knowledge and travels with us. Looking fwd to seeing vids or pics of the new trailer.

geo
Hi Geo,
It nice getting back online and getting ready for a trip... The wife has an angiogram and possible stent implant in the right leg scheduled and we are hopeful it help her right foot and ability to walk!
I appreciate the welcome and will try to shoot and post more pics. I pretty much stopped photography when film and developing started to be an issue. The wife talked me into buying a digital last year to shoot a wedding, and like an addict, i'm starting to shoot more when I can and have started to post some in my Album (Now, if I can figure out how to set up the individual albums).
Here are a few from Northern MN; I'm sorry I forgot to change the label before posting: Silver Bay overlook, Silver Bay Lake Superior, MN; Grand Marais. MN; Split Rock Lighthouse, Lake Superior, MN; Gooseberry Falls, MN; A young family on a walk-bridge across the Mississippi River, Itasca, MN
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20160706_140338355-Edit-1-3.jpg   Grand Marais Harbor and Lighthouse from Grand Marais Campground.jpg   Split Rock Lighthouse.jpg   Gooseberry Falls-600.jpg   IMG_1621-Edit-1-2-3_600.jpg  

Old 08-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfunfinder View Post
John- Stick around. The fellow forum members are gracious here. We also have left a couple of FunFinders behind and moved to a different brand. I still love reading the amazing fixes and experiences related here. That is why I check in from time to time. Best wishes for you and your wife.
Thank you JB,
I enjoy the people here and have been on this Forum long enough to enjoy the camaraderie among the group!

Old 08-20-2018, 11:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
So far Dan, my wife can (with help) manage to climb the 3 stairs and 1 step (Total 4 steps) into the trailer. We checked into a standing lift system, but "The Boss" said. "I will climb those stairs!" and she is able to (so far). I did like the height of the FF at 2 stairs (3 steps) vs, the Coleman at 3 stairs (4 steps). However the door seems a bit wider, the grab bar is better and the full-width rear bath w/tub is a luxury that will give The Boss much better access.
John-

How much higher is your Coleman than your old Funfinder that it requires 3 stairs. I thought the Funfinder was kind of high with just 2 stairs. Does the Coleman have larger wheels?
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinster2 View Post
John-

How much higher is your Coleman than your old Funfinder that it requires 3 stairs. I thought the Funfinder was kind of high with just 2 stairs. Does the Coleman have larger wheels?
The tires are still 14" but the trailer is jacked up (See Pics below and note fender to top of tire); this seems to be a trend by some manufacturers. I had a car cross the center line, causing me to swerve to miss a head-on collision; the FF followed like a dream. The Coleman seems to tow okay, but I'm going to guess the Coleman might not follow quite as sweet during a double swerve... the first one to miss the car and the second, to keep use from rolling the rig in the bar-ditch.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Coleman 1805RB.jpg   FunFinder Left Side with AT-1000.jpg