Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #1

Default 139 Trailer Cover

hello everyone and anyone.

i have been having a bit of trouble finding a trailer cover for a smaller cover.

anyone know of somewhere to get a cover that doesn't have 10' extra length?

thanks and happy trailering everyone!

cupcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #2

Default No Luck Either

We have had our T-139 for two years and I have simply folded and tucked the excess in the front and tied it down around the frame. I purchased this cover from Camping World because it was the smallest in length (20') and cheaper than special ordering one to size. I regret my decision and will order one from CW made to fit. I think it will be worth the difference in cost. Know you're not alone!

kegbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #3

Did you ever find a cover that fit? I have an X139 and would like to cover it in the winter.
paulitzlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #4

I have the same problem, A year ago, I bought mine from JCWhitney (with 10ft extra in length )for 250 bucks, that is so big that I always got a hard time trying to cover it, and now it had been torn off by the wind. I found this website, (with 16 ft ) but it cost $600, out of my budget though

https://www.coverquest.com/covers/order_page.php

Regards

www.writewithlight.org/JunkPhotos2009/
139XTundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #5

Default 14 to 16 ft cover PICS ADDED

Hi
I bought a 14 to 16 ft cover from national discount covers for my new X160
I can't speak about the fit yet because I haven't put it on, to busy getting things ready,but it's not way to big like those 20 ft ones I saw.
Paid 156.61 with the 5% discount + shipping.
My neighbor had one for his fifth wheel and I liked the material

Well I got out today and put it on. I think it looks good, but this is my first cover on my first full size trailer,let me know what you guys think.
Linerguy

LINERGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #6

call Ted at Allseasons rv, they sell Funfinder and may have a cover . 231 739 5269
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #7

I was thinking about buying a 10 x 20 awning from costco for about $150. My X139 is 7' wide, as most are and the 20' awning is more than enough for it's length. Problem is height and need clearance for AC unit. I'm thinking of using cinder block and wood to raise the 8 legs of the awning. The awning should clear well as it has a peak. Then use rope and sandbags to hold it down. Seen it done on boats, etc. and seems to work well. All I have to do is back the trailer in.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
I was thinking about buying a 10 x 20 awning from costco for about $150. My X139 is 7' wide, as most are and the 20' awning is more than enough for it's length. Problem is height and need clearance for AC unit. I'm thinking of using cinder block and wood to raise the 8 legs of the awning. The awning should clear well as it has a peak. Then use rope and sandbags to hold it down. Seen it done on boats, etc. and seems to work well. All I have to do is back the trailer in.
Hi Iggy, Jim and I have the same setup as you but our Chevy is a 2008. He keeps telling me we can not up grade to a 16 or 18 ft Fun Finder because of the auto trans. I told him I think we can.
marigold53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigold53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
Hi Iggy, Jim and I have the same setup as you but our Chevy is a 2008. He keeps telling me we can not up grade to a 16 or 18 ft Fun Finder because of the auto trans. I told him I think we can.
To be certain of what you can tow you need to look up your vehicles tow rating and find the GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating). The GVWR will give you the total weight you can safely tow including the weight of everything loaded in your vehicle, your trailer and what's in your trailer. I would think a 2008 Chevy 1500 could easily tow a 16 or 18 ft. But, depending on what engine you have, and what options you have such as 4 wheel drive or a tow package, it can make a big difference. I tow a 21 ft fun finder with a 1999 Tahoe with a tow package with no problem. I also use a weight distributing hitch which makes a big difference.

You can find your trucks maximum tow rating at sites like www.trailerlife.com
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #10

check with Ted at Allseasons Rv, 231 739 5269, he can probably get you one.
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:59 PM   #11

Default Towing Rate

Hi LJAZ,

Thanks for the reply.

Jim has a 5.3 liter. V8 with Towing Package.

I talked so much about getting a bigger FF that he finally broke down and agreed. We located a used 18' FF with front bed. Been getting it cleaned and ready to go camping.

I don't think he will regret buying the bigger RV being he will not have to make up the bed every night. (I broke my wrist so he had to do it.)

marigold1953 is offline   Reply With Quote