Old 11-30-2018, 04:13 PM   #1

Default 189fbs question- try #2

No one responded to my question, so I thought Id try again! Do any Fun Finder 189fbs owners ( or anyone else) know why my 2009 189fbs weighs 3368 lbs and is 8ft 9 in tall as opposed to 3018 lbs and 82 for the 2007-2008 units I was originally looking for? What changes occurred between 2008 and 2009? More ground clearance? Heavier construction? More equipment included in calculating dry weight? Then the 2010 unit is listed at 3100+ lbs. Why is the 2009 the heaviest 189fbs, or is it? Inquiring minds need to know!!

Kfalls189fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #2

I don't remember if I posted this answer last time, so here goes. The manufacturing technique used by Cruiser changed a lot during that time period -- they went from wood frames to aluminum in many models, and went from loose pink fiberglass insulation to thick solid styrofoam laminated panels. And they added lots of insulation in the ceiling, so that could affect height as well as weight.

Also, they changed from aluminum exteriors to fiberglass, which is heavier.

I don't know if these are the factors that answer your question, but I saw all of these changes with my own eyes on the 139 models. So maybe these same factors affect the 189??
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote