Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #1

Default 1st trip in our new X210

Our first getaway in our 2008 FunFinder X210 was great. We spent three nights at Old Mill Stream Camping Manor in Lancaster PA. The trailer towed behind the new truck beautifully, love the Equalizer sway control. The weather was great and the campground was OUTSTANDING!
The only mechanical issue we had was a bad GFI outlet in the bathroom, which caused all interior and exterior outlets to not work. Luckily one outlet is on the microwave breaker so we still had use of that and our TV, I ran an extension from it to the wife's hairdryer in the mornings.
I did some troubleshooting and determined that it was the GFI and contacted the dealer upon returning home. I told them I wanted to change out the GFI vs. towing it an hour and a half each way to have them do it and they understood. The service dept told me they've been having a rash of bad GFI's over past few months and asked me to send them the bad GFI with my reciept for its replacement and they would reimburse me.
All in all I thought that was a very small problem for the first time out. I've heard of others having real horror stories with their brandy new RV's and trailers on maiden voyages.

-Jason

2008 Fun Finder X-210
2008 Ford F-250 XLT
East Coastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #2

East Coastie,

Greetings and welcome!! Sounds like you had a great time at Old Mill Stream Camping Manor. I just looked through their website and it looks beautiful.

We just finished our second trip and encountered our first two issues. The first is the water pump. I don't know how, but we turned the pump on when the tank was dry and didn't notice it for a while, and now the water pump is extremely loud! The second is the Tongue Jack. When we returned home and disconnected the trailer, the Tongue Jack slipped abit and made a noticable "Clunk"! I too use an equalizer hitch and wonder if the combined weight of the truck and trailer are exceeding its capacity. I am looking at replacing the jack with a Bulldog unit.

Anyway, glad you had a great time, post up more of your trips!!

Alan
Equalizer Hitch
2011 Nomad 206
Panasonic/Pioneer/Kicker ~ Audio/Video System
Days Camped /2009 / 33
keyser soze is offline   Reply With Quote