Old 11-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellep
Hoping this arctic blast passes TN soon...I have reservations to camp Thanksgiving week. Always wanted to camp over Thanksgiving, but hubby wouldn't do it.

So, this year, turkey in a Dutch oven it is! Let's hope for daytime temps in the 40s (or higher would be okay, too)
Regardless of the daytime highs, the nights will be well below freezing I'm afraid.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #12

I'm all winterized and don't plan to use the tanks, except put waste water (dishes, teeth brushing, etc) down the toilet, which will contain several bottles of pink stuff. Lots of disposable dishes in the thought process...

State Park showers are kept open and heated. So, that's a good thing. It will be a brisk time, I'm sure.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #13

I always think of the settlers who traveled and settled the west and mid-west. They didn't have hook-ups for electric heaters nor propane and somehow, many of them survived Just glad we have our warm and cozy Fun Finders
Old 11-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #14

Plus, I want to get all the use out of this thing before its warranty expires (April, I think)

I'm sure it will be warm and cozy and full of all the great smells of the Holiday. Oh, wait - those smells will be outside...

Someone should invent a turkey scented candle. You'd make millions -women would buy it - think of all the calories they'd save with just a sniff...
Old 11-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellep
Plus, I want to get all the use out of this thing before its warranty expires (April, I think)

I'm sure it will be warm and cozy and full of all the great smells of the Holiday. Oh, wait - those smells will be outside...

Someone should invent a turkey scented candle. You'd make millions -women would buy it - think of all the calories they'd save with just a sniff...
Here it is: http://urbanext.illinois.edu/turkey/nutrition.cfm

Old 11-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #16

TURKEY is the healthiest dish!

Load it up with gravy (butter/fat) mashed potatoes (cream cheese/butter/sour cream/cream/salt), dumplings, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, dressing, pie, etc.

And then the women get to clean up while the men snore it off during a football game...

OMGosh - I am SO hungry for Thanksgiving Dinner right now!!! And I get to do it in my little Fun Finder...

I also wish my sweetie would be here, snoring on the couch with the football announcer yelling something about yards and bounds, and offsides...you get the drill.

Yes, Thanksgiving is TRULY my favorite holiday. I have so much to be thankful for, including the people of this Forum, and others, who help me navigate this brave new world of mine. THANK YOU!

Now, I need to go calculate the effect of lower temps on the charcoal briquettes that will be cooking my tiny little turkey to perfection...

PS: Just so you know - there will be a Swanson frozen turkey tv dinner in the freezer for the unexpected failure...