Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2015, 10:49 AM   #1

Default A Taste of Tahoe

Hey everyone (especially Dan) .... if you've been to South Lake Tahoe, this will be like visiting an old friend. If you've never been there, it might inspire you to become acquainted. Hope you enjoy .... Watch in 1080p

Neil & Yoly

Old 07-06-2015, 07:05 AM   #2

Really gorgeous country! We would like to head out that way after we get out of "vacation" mode in a few years.

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4x4 5.3L w/towing package
dhyravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #3

Neil --

Great footage! A few questions -- was the background music adapted from Pachelbel's Canon? The guitar was particularly good -- who was playing? Also, what video camera did you use, and what editing software? My videos never look that good.

Well done, and come back out West soon (hopefully in a non-drought year)!

Dan
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139
Neil --

Great footage! A few questions -- was the background music adapted from Pachelbel's Canon? The guitar was particularly good -- who was playing? Also, what video camera did you use, and what editing software? My videos never look that good.

Well done, and come back out West soon (hopefully in a non-drought year)!

Dan
Glad everyone is enjoying the video. My video camera is a Canon Vixia HF G10. I also include stills from our Canon PowerShot ELPH HS330. (Also use a GoPro as you can tell). I've used all the non-commercial grade editiing software there is over the years, from Adobe Premier Elements 2, then early versions of Pinnacle, then Sony and then Corel. I liked the UI with Pinnacle but it had serious other issues. I grew to like Corel and then when Corel bought out Pinnacle a couple years ago I decided to give Pinnacle 18 another chance. That's what I've been using lately. I still really like Corel Video Studio Pro X5 also.

As for the music, I haven't a clue relative to artist. I own a ton of background music that I have the license rights to but for the Taste of Tahoe video I just used the "Score Fitter" music that came packaged with the Pinnacle 18 editing software.

I'm still going to make a video of the KOA we "worked" at as well as one from our two days at Yosemite. I got some really beautiful footage there so I'll post that link also when it gets done. Hard not to get great video at Yosemite.