Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2017, 05:54 AM   #1

Default Airconditioner on a 2000 watt generator?

From Vinnie's Northbay Airstream
"Imagine it's now possible to run your air conditioning from one 2000 watt generator. That means you only need to lug around one Honda or equivalent generator. I installed my first kit this week and it's nothing short of amazing. If I ordered several of these kits do you think there would be some interest in having one installed on your Airstream?

EasyStart™ is a one-of-a-kind soft starter for single-phase motors operating at 115VAC or 230VAC, 50Hz or 60Hz, custom developed by Micro-Air.
EasyStart is not a "hard start kit" nor a start capacitor alone. These devices can only deliver a 10-20% reduction to a compressor's normal startup locked-rotor amperage (LRA). EasyStart is totally different.
EasyStart is a highly-sophisticated, microprocessor-controlled system that employs a 4-part start ramp, precisely sequenced using real-time closed-loop control, that even optimizes itself as it "learns" your compressor motor during the first few startups. This advanced system enables EasyStart to deliver up to 65-75% start current reduction. EasyStart also has numerous specialized fault checks not found in any other soft starter that provide further protection for your compressor motor.
EasyStart is therefore the perfect solution that allows an air conditioner or refrigeration compressor to operate on a generator, inverter, or limited utility power when it would otherwise not have functioned. It can also be applied to air compressor and watermaker pump motors.
The EasyStart 364 is capable of supporting up to a 36000 BTU (3 ton) compressor. It includes a fully-weatherproof (IP65), flameproof, plastic enclosure with an integrated mounting flange and a 40" (1m) harness. Specialized models exist for various applications.

Model Number(s): ASY-364-X36-IP (A/C units >10kBTU)
ASY-364-E36-IP (refrigeration & Icemakers)
ASY-364-T36-IP (refrigerator & A/C units <=10kBTU)
KIT-364-RT1 (installation kit)"

https://youtu.be/soP0uZFd0nQ

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:29 PM   #2

Great product! But kind of expensive. Worth it, if you absolutely have to have A/C and do not want to bring a bigger generator.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Great product! But kind of expensive. Worth it, if you absolutely have to have A/C and do not want to bring a bigger generator.
a Honda 4000 watt generator will run you about $1500. A 2000 about $1000.
Adding this $320 item can do more than save you $1000 for another generator, it can help protect it when plugged in at a campground as well. And you can use an inverter with it.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:43 PM   #4

Plus, think how heavy a 4000 must be! I have to be careful when I lift my 2000 into the truck bed.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #5

Well I will probably take some arrows for this but I really hate it when I'm camping and someone fires up a generator. Come on, really. We are suppose to be getting back to nature and all you hear is the loud hum of a generator. Honda's are pretty quite but there are those that bring out a loud noise maker and than retire to the confines of there AC trailer for the rest of the day. As far as I'm concerned, I wish rustic parks would put strict limits on when and where generator camping is permitted, so that those that don't want to hear it, don't have to. I was very pleased when we went up to Picture Rock National Camp Ground last year that about half the area restricted the use of generators. Which more were like that.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinster2 View Post
Well I will probably take some arrows for this but I really hate it when I'm camping and someone fires up a generator. Come on, really. We are suppose to be getting back to nature and all you hear is the loud hum of a generator. Honda's are pretty quite but there are those that bring out a loud noise maker and than retire to the confines of there AC trailer for the rest of the day. As far as I'm concerned, I wish rustic parks would put strict limits on when and where generator camping is permitted, so that those that don't want to hear it, don't have to. I was very pleased when we went up to Picture Rock National Camp Ground last year that about half the area restricted the use of generators. Which more were like that.
I understand your viewpoint on that. It all boils down to consideration for others. Unfortunately some people have none and everyone has their own idea about what camping is. When you get a lot of people together in one place you will have to do some tolerating and some requesting perhaps. I did that at a campsite last year. They laughed at me when I walked away but they did turn their blaring music down. The family in the campsite next to us thanked us. But generally we don't hang around the campsite much. On the other hand, I hate to be hot and sticky and in some circumstances I would appreciate some AC though we don't even own a generator.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:54 PM   #7

Hi Guys,

It know this is an old thread.
But i was trying to see if i could run the a/c off my ff x189fbr 2008 with a 2000 watt generator using this softstart.

Have anyone used this?
Volitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:20 PM   #8

Ive read another gentleman using both acs on a predator 3500 using sofstarts. My guess is yes.
Jr Marquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:56 PM   #9

I use a Honda eu2000i with a companion eu2000i connected together.

I would NOT try to start/run my A/C on less.