Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #1

Default Bought Used 2008 X240 and have couple questions

1. When pump turned on to pump from fresh water tank it's pretty loud. Is that normal?

2. Is there anything special you have to do with the hot water heater when using the fresh water pump?

3. Found an area in the interior on the ceiling that is "bumpy". Looks kind of like a sheetrock ceiling does when "popcorm texture" is applied. It feels like there's something under the vinly ceiling material. Does anyone know what this could be? The area is about 3 inches from side wall and runs about 12 inches long. In this area, there's nothing mounted to the roof above it.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Van

1. Yes

2. Nope. The tank will fill when you pressurize the system either with the pump or from pressure from a hose attached to the outside inlet. The only thing to really be aware of is if your hot water heater has an electric heating element, make sure that it is off if there is no water in the hot water tank.

3. No idea. If it feels soft it might warrant further inspection work to see if there is a leak there somewhere. But as you said, there is nothing on the roof above it so, hard to say really. If it was mine and i was really concerned about it i would have a tech have a look at it.

Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #3

Thanks Van! I'll pass info on to my husband.

The ceiling area that's "bumpy" is not soft as far as we can tell, so that's a good thing. There's no discoloration either. From what I have read, the roof consists of the vinyl membrane on top, luan wood decking, aluminum rafters, block foam insulation, then another layer of luan wood backer with a decorative vinyl surface applied to the luan that you see on the inside ceiling. Looks like there was something on the luan when the viny was applied, like maybe there was a rough surface on the luan. I hope it's something that simple. I think my husband is going to call Fun Finder tomorrow to see what they say. They may have had this happen before. If there's any doubt, I know he'll take it and have a tech look at it. I was hoping that someone could confirm they have a similar problem. You know how it goes when you buy something used, you're nervous for a while until you know all checks out. We called ourselves looking over it, but we just didn't notice this area. We were trying to look at so much and make sure A/C, electricity, water heater, etc were working. We did have to replace the GFI ourlet.

My husband was concerned too because he got on top of the roof to clean it. The seller had it parked under a tree and it was really dirty. Should have looked in the manual first because it mentioned a luggage rack having a maximum load of 125 lbs. He weighs 185........Ooops! Hope that was okay. Obviousely won't be doing that again. He was soooo mad at himself!

Little overwhelmed right now and in need of our first camping trip. Going to Cape San Blas, Florida weekend after next. Can't wait! Giving ourselves a little time to get used to the trailer and how things work before we take her out. We live in Panama City Beach and have so many nice parks around us, we hope to get alot of use out of our trailer!