Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #1

Default Changes to FunFinders?

I currently own an R-Pod 171 and thinking of moving up to a Fun Finder X X-262BHS. I'm noticing that the dealers seem to not have many of the Fun Finder X's and seem to only have the Fun Finders. I really wanted the X, because it's 7.5' wide as apposed to 8'. Does anyone know why this might be? Do I need to run out and get one soon or will more show up in the spring?

axv129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #2

I can't say for sure, but, if I had to hazard a guess... I imagine the dealers are stocking up on the FunFinders (not the X series) because of the redesign of the outside...quite "spiffy" looking and only 6" wider than the X series. Doesn't appear to have the front window though, something we particularly liked in the X series 210WBS that we used to own. When you are towing, the extra 6" isn't really that much of a deal...I've always found height to be the issue; and I should know, now that I'm towing almost 13' high...

"Spiffy", unfortunately sells and I would imagine with the redesign, that is the model that CruiserRV is trying to sell the most of and the one they are producing the most of, at least currently. As a company, redesigns come at a fairly steep price and CruiserRV would be "pushing" to make up as much of that investment as they can, and as quickly as they can, so, were I them, I would put more of them out into the markeplace to get a higher sales figure on that line.

You would have to contact CruiserRV, 260-562-1075, to find out for sure whether the X series is to be discontinued in favor of the FunFinder line. The additional 6" in interior width is something a lot of people would want and with the additional "upkeep" (you have to periodically check one more window for sealant), something that some people might want to avoid. Lots of us that had/have the X series have had issues with leaks around the front window (that's why you don't see a lot of trailers with front windows ). We caught ours early, no damage done, and we really liked the front window, but, there are lots of folks that don't want one and wouldn't miss not having one...hence the redesign of the FunFinder line and not the FunFinder X line...at least for this year.

The designs are, basically, the same, but, for the 6" in width and the front window in the X. You might have to go to your dealer, find the FunFinder floor plan that you like and then order the same model in the X series. You'll get a 6" narrower model, and the front window with the same basic amenities and floor plan.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #3

Default Fun Finder X X-262BHS

AXV 129:
We bought our 2012 X 189 FBS from Hunter Freeman at All Seasons RV in Muskegon, Michigan. They have an X-262BHS posted on their website right now. http://www.allseasonsrv.com/cf/shopm...productid=1639

We live in Southern California and found All Season's prices to be considerably lower than in California so we ordered it over the phone and drove the 2200 miles there and picked up the TT and made a nice vacation of it on the way back. Don't know where you live. Just a thought.
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #4

Default Fun Finder X

We were at the annual RV Super Show in Tampa, Fl this past January. According to the dealer, this model is no longer being manufactured.

Alan
alan2544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #5

There seems to be a spy in our midst. I asked this question and all season rv raised the price of their 262 by $3000. Pretty lame. Luckily its not the color scheme that I have my eye on.
axv129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #6

I really like the NEW Design !!!

2000W GoPower Inverter
2x6V LifeLine Battery's
GoPower Solar Elite System
2x Honda 2000's w/ 30 AMP Plug
2x145w Polycrystalline Solar Panels
EAZ-LIFT Weight Dist. Hitch
MARLANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #7

Hey man , that is a nice looking fun finder !!! I like that alot , just bought me a 2013 xt-276 toy hauler , I really like it . Good choice in truck , I have owned many tacoma's , now I got a tundra 5.7 to pull my toy hauler .
securityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #8

Default Re: Fun Finder X X-262BHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfunfinder
AXV 129:
We bought our 2012 X 189 FBS from Hunter Freeman at All Seasons RV in Muskegon, Michigan. They have an X-262BHS posted on their website right now. http://www.allseasonsrv.com/cf/shopm...productid=1639

We live in Southern California and found All Season's prices to be considerably lower than in California so we ordered it over the phone and drove the 2200 miles there and picked up the TT and made a nice vacation of it on the way back. Don't know where you live. Just a thought.
I'm from Kansas City and we bought ours from All Seasons too! They were way cheaper in price than anywhere around here. Way worth the drive and nice people to buy from.
metaltff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #9

I really like the looks of the 2013 FF. Has the same lay out as my 214wsd but no front window. Matbe they figured out the front window was a problem with cracks in the corners like mine did an it,s only a 2011.