Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #1

Default Closet mods in 189

I've hung a shoe organizer in the only closet we have. Put towels, paper towels, soap, etc in them. Of course it didn't fill all the space in the closet.
There is still about 11" of space between the organizer and the bathroom wall. I have cleaning supplies in a tote at the bottom of this space. Anyone put any kind of shelves, etc. in the closet? Got pics? Going "boondocking" this weekend...maiden voyage! Can hardly wait! Thanks for pics, ideas, ect.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:43 AM   #2

I found this hanging closet organizer at bed bath beyond. It actually starts out twice as "tall" as this, but I cut the bottom section off. Works well for me.

gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #3

Default Closet mods

thanks for the picture..your closet looks smaller than mine! Didn't get to go boondocking as bad storms came in. Plan to go "civilized" camping in 2 weeks. Still don't know what to do with the closet issue, guess we'll see what happens in two weeks. May have to re-think what I've already done.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:02 PM   #4

we used an IKEA metal or plastic slide drawer rack in the our closet. There a two kinds at the store. Do a search for cloths storage. I posted something on this under modification threads. Also did not take pictures but will do that when we get the trailer a week or so for our next trip.
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #5

Default Closet mod

well, I went and bought another closet organizer to put alongside the first one. Now we have "his" & "her's"...LOL!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #6

Default Closet mod

well, I went and bought another closet organizer to put alongside the first one. Now we have "his" & "her's"...LOL!
Old 06-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #7

That mod is a nice idea.

I relocated some factory shelves and added an additional wood shelf in my bath closet to gain space usability.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:16 PM   #8

Default Closet mod

since our FF is a 2007, there is no closet in the bathroom, just underneath the TV. Have to do what we can for storage.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:31 AM   #9

Hi guys, I did the hanging organiser in closet too, $2 from our supermarket, perfect length, loops over rail in wardrobe, so still room over over 1 side to hang jackets with plastic bin on floor for wine etc....I modified it by putting in thick chipboard in each pocket - this keeps items level & distributes weight real well too have just taken out microwave too..we just don't use it & give HEAPS of additional storage
Old 08-15-2015, 04:26 PM   #10

Default Closet mods

all nice ideas! Really like the idea to put boards in to keep sturdy and level! Wil have to look into that. Going to try and go out over Labor Day weekend as it will be the last 3 day weekend for both hubby and self.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:33 PM   #11

I too thought about putting some "floor" in each section of the hanging organizer, but I found that leaving it so it "sags" ensures the clothes stay put while travel even on rough roads. Everything is always still exactly as I stacked it.
As it turned out also, the size of these organizers leaves just enough space between the the hanging organizer and the door to set a typical "reuse/recycle" canvas grocery bag standing up, so it's a handy place to have various lightweight foods like the all important BBQ potato chips, boxed mac n cheese and cup's-o-noodles.
( this will be Michelle's cue to weigh in on my poor eating habits ! )
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:51 AM   #12

Kansas newbie, how wide is your closet and did you put in shoe hangers that look like the one gmw showed except smaller? This is for your clothing too?

I've got a closet 13 inches wide and found elfa drawer system at Container store that fit perfectly. But when the drawers wouldn't pull out very far because door wouldn't open wide enough. The handle on the closet door was against the bathroom door. So I took those back and now I'm looking for something else. I want to put pantry type stuff in this closet.

Marti is offline   Reply With Quote