Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #21

Default Re: I am sure Salty is sincere, but he may be atypical

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139
Just to add to the chorus -- we bought a used 2003 FF 139 in 2005 -- we then used it a lot -- we took good care of it and then sold it for a nice price to a private party.

We then bought a new 2012 X 139 and spent 80 nights in it last year and traveled almost ten thousand miles. We will do the same this year.

Is a Fun Finder perfect? No -- almost nothing is. My guess is that a $100,000 Airstream might be better than my $12,000 Fun Finder, just like a Rolls Royce is a better car than a Chevy or a Honda. But in terms of value, I am very happy with my FF.
I totally agree as hardly anything man made is perfect. Of all the products I have owned in my lifetime, about the only thing that comes close to being perfect and functions as designed over and over and over for decades on end is a firearm.......however, even those must be properly maintained and cared for.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to judb
Default Satisfied

We just sold our 06 189 FBR this week after having towed it around 20,000 mi. Only sold because following wife's knee surgery we needed walk-around bed. Looking at larger Fun Finder because we were totally satisfied with the 189. Previously owned a Casita and the FunFinder had no more issues than the Casita. I have concluded that all makes of trailer (just like autos) produce some lemons and the forums normally only hear from the dissatisfied.

judb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #23

Default I'm with Saltynuts...

I just bought a 260BHS .... terrible fit and finish, NO quality control,
problems with every system almost.

Biggest problem is Cruiser RV doesn't care at all. Zero customer service.
I am applying to the Arizona Lemon law.

Never again......
ChefKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #24

Default cheap trailer, nothing but problems

Looking for some help. I own a 2012 Fun Funder Xtra 276 which has had nothing but problems. I'm looking for others that would be willing to tell me their story. I'm taking Cruiser RV, Lippert and Rocky MT Rv to Small Claims Court March 9th, 2015 due to all the problems I'm having with my trailer. I have only used it once but have had nothing but problems ranging from cabinets pulling away from the ceiling, windows not opening, doors not closing, pipes leaking, bathroom wall moving, trim falling off, bathroom cabinet pulling away from wall, electrical problems, sewer pipes leaking, frame problems, gaps in the roof with it moving, most of the wall and door paper pealing off and binding at the window corners, the rear bed being wired incorrectly to name just a few. If anyone has had these types of problems please contact me at tooltimeval@embarqmail.com.
TTlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #25

Default Lots of Problems

Looking for some help. I own a 2012 Fun Funder Xtra 276 which has had nothing but problems. I'm looking for others that would be willing to tell me their story. I'm taking Cruiser RV, Lippert and Rocky MT Rv to Small Claims Court March 9th, 2015 due to all the problems I'm having with my trailer. I have only used it once but have had nothing but problems ranging from cabinets pulling away from the ceiling, windows not opening, doors not closing, pipes leaking, bathroom wall moving, trim falling off, bathroom cabinet pulling away from wall, electrical problems, sewer pipes leaking, frame problems, gaps in the roof with it moving, most of the wall and door paper pealing off and binding at the window corners, the rear bed being wired incorrectly to name just a few. If anyone has had these types of problems please contact me at tooltimeval@embarqmail.com.
TTlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #26

I don't think anybody on the site did a total restore, like I did. Purchased what I thought was a great looking and turned out to need a total overhaul. Was it ideal, not at all. Did I over pay for the trailer with all the unforeseen work, yup I did. Were there times during the repair that I want to cut my losses and scrap the thing, every time I found something else that need fixing. Even with all the repairs that I had to do I still love my funfinder!!! Going forward if I was every to get a new camper I now will know what to look for when shopping around. O and I still have repairs to make!!! Lol
Old 02-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #27

Our 2015 Fun Finder 214 WSD is our third trailer in 14 months. Yes, it took us a bit of time (and money) to figure out what our actual needs were. We haven't been trailering very long but we have been using all 3 of them very extensively. We have found that the RV industry as a whole has questionable QA procedures in place. All 3 trailers had issues stemming from poor workmanship and a lack of quality control. Our Fun Finder has issues as well, most of which I have been able to fix. By and large, we've found the 214 to be a perfect layout for us and better equipped and built than the previous two trailers we had. My one experience with Cruiser RV customer service was nothing but positive. Having a good dealer who is thorough in the PDI process is key to having fewer issues. If you scored a great deal from a wholesaling dealer who didn't charge you the $750 set up fee, then chances are he didn't go through the unit and fix the issues before turning it over to you.