Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2016, 09:46 PM   #1

Default Easy fix for rocker switches on control panel

There are several rocker switches on our panel -- the panel is almost on the floor near the door -- a few times, stuff placed on the floor near the door has pushed on the panel, turning off the switches controlling the cabin lights, which never need to be in the off position.

So I put a dab of hot glue on each of the two light switches, sealing them into the on position.

If I don't like this solution, I can just peel off the hot glue and try something else. But it seems to work.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #2

Sounds good Dan. I've given some thought to adding a hinged plexiglass cover to go over the entire surface of the panel.

gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:18 AM   #3

That is a great idea -- much more elegant than a little glob of glue! And it would protect all of the other switches, which can't be glued in place -- for example, the water pump switch, which we turn off when we are towing.

I am going to look into that idea -- I love doing little projects involving the trailer. (I am sure I am not the only one who neglects his stick house in favor of the trailer -- right?)
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote