Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-22-2018, 10:28 PM   #1

Default Fall is here!

I'm glad to report it actually feels like fall here a bit. The heat and humidity are much less. Fall is my favorite time of year, especially for road trips and camping!

In addition to our new lightweight table, I've been sitting on the dinette seat when making it into a bed. Much easier to slide into position from that direction. Funny how technique can make things easier.

We sold our dear Rialta, so now are a one camper family. It feels good to simplify. I went through all the stuff in both campers and put all the favorite things in the fun finder, and still there is room.

Got the sway control bar put on, guy said it's for highway use only. Who pulls over and removes it when going through a town, or backing up?

Anyway, happy fall!

Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #2

Absolutely agree that Fall is the best time to camp. On Sept. 30, my wife and I are heading north to Sleeping Bear Dunes on the shore of Northern Lake Michigan. Hopefully we will see the colors of the leaves change.

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #3

It doesn't look like we will be going out again this year so, most likely, will winterize the camper sometimes this week.

The temp is forecast for a night time low of 34 degrees on Thursday evening.

The camper has been cleaned so only thing left is to winterize it and put in a few bags of "Fresh Cab" to assure against rodent infestation. I get a 4 pouch box for about $13 at the local farm & home store.

https://www.earthkind.com/fresh-cab/

Old 09-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #4

It gets much colder where you live than where we live. I don't know how much we will use the fun finder in the winter, but we went winter camping a lot in the rialta. Of course, winter is really relative to where you live, but sometimes we'd be out in 20* lows. We will see how we fare in the little trailer as opposed to the Rialta, really like a thermos bottle of a class B+.

Southern NM and AZ can get cold, but is usually sunny and tolerably warm during the day. and we have a shorter time that really qualify as winter. Last fall, we went to the Grand Canyon (South rim) in November and it was really mild.

we don't usually winterize, because we use it so continuously. I'll plug in a little electric heater and it seems to keep things from harm. If we are having a cold snap, some rv antifreeze in the holding tanks. fresh water tank is usually empty until we go somewhere.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:13 AM   #5
APD

Fall camping is our favorite by far.
We're heading up to Cherokee NC for a week or so and then back to Hiawassee, GA for a few more days.
We may try to squeeze in another NC trip later in October and a Florida trip in November. If the weather holds up........
Hilda I believe y'all winterize about like we do.
For "dead of winter" camping we usually take our campervan. No freeze worries and we can heat it with a 600watt heater.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:36 PM   #6

Just got back from a short but sweet camping trip. Sway control bar works well, I could feel a difference. Love that little trailer!

Still have a few mod ideas though....

I'm an early riser, DH sleeps late. We need a place to sit when dinette is made into a bed. when its summer, I just sit outside and enjoy my coffee in the early morning. Now that it's quite chillier, I'd prefer to be inside till it warms up a bit!

Has anyone with a little t139 taken out the fairly useless drawer stack and made that space into a little seating "nook"?
Old 09-26-2018, 06:33 PM   #7

Well, guess I will be winterizing my unit next week as has been raining (Finally after a long, dry summer) on and off this week. IF we get a nice enough day, may give it a wash job too.

Just got my notice today from the county they will be ready to store campers, motorhomes and boats at the fairgrounds Oct 15/16th. I rent a spot every year for inside cold storage so my unit isn't exposed to the weather and snow...and the fairgrounds is only about a mile away. Once put away, won't see it again until next March sometime as no access when in storage. Inside storage at the fairgrounds is the same as outside storage in local storage yards so it's a 'no brainer.'
Old 09-27-2018, 09:18 PM   #8

That sounds like a good deal! Hope she sleeps tight and is ready come spring!
Old 09-28-2018, 03:28 AM   #9

Fall finally got here too Hilda. We're getting ready for our first trip of the year and hope the cool temperatures remain for awhile. We kept our sway bar on all the time we were hooked up to the pickup. I never heard of anyone saying it was highway use only.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:45 AM   #10

I know so little about them, but that's what he said. We used it during our whole camping trip, including backing up the driveway when we got home. No problem at all. When we stopped for gas, my husband got out and watched the distance the bar traveled s I drove in a tight "s", and saw no problem. So as usual, my questions were answered when we tried it. But honestly, I envisioned it keeping us from turning and it didn't work that way.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
That sounds like a good deal! Hope she sleeps tight and is ready come spring!
Thanks but will miss seeing it.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:18 AM   #12

I thought of turning my bed into a sort of sofa with big square long pillows in behind.
dogs_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:37 AM   #13

I like the idea I've seen others do, to make a "U" seating area and a smaller table. allows for one person to sleep and still have a table and seat area. for now, I'm just using a very light and slim profile folding chair. it fits into the closet when not in use.

If we did reconfigure the dinette, I'd have to recover the cushions or find a nice contrasting fabric for the extra cushions. Maybe if the bed wasn't so comfy as it is, I'd be more inclined to tackle it. plus, we like the big table and seating area when we aren't sleeping.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:59 PM   #14
APD

Talking

Our front kitchen and bath allows for two single beds (one on each side) at the rear. One for me on the curb side and a slightly shorter one for management on the other side. We use a small folding table for dining and leave the beds in place all the time. At the very rear we have a low table between the beds as a night stand for a table lamp, books and computer shelf.
I'm the early riser/coffee maker and the boss sleeps in..........
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 10-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #15

I remember! I want that floor plan!!
Old 10-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #16
APD

We're gonna put off winterizing as long as possible. Maybe get one more short trip in before cold weather. Fingers crossed.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 10-07-2018, 09:15 PM   #17

Actually, it's time for an update! We are on a trip right now and I love our camper (I'd love yours more). But the size, the ease of towing and the build quality is just great. We are in the middle of an7 day meander all over our favorite spots in NM. We are at a lake right now and listening to the rain on the roof. So nice the water stays outside! Kayaking and fishing tomorrow star gazing at cosmic campground on Tuesday. We are very happy towing is so easy with the new to us Toyota 4 runner (05). I'll post some pics when have more internet signal..