Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #1

Default FF JUNK

For every 1 of you their are about 20 of us who have a realy s**tty Cruser RV trailer. You all should be so lucky not to have had any problems. Do you think I should keep my mouth shut, would be the right thing to do. I am hoping people who read this and have not made up their mind in what to buy, will read this forum and help them so they dont end up making the same mistake the rest for us did. By the looks of this forum it is not the odd lemon comming out of their factory it is many lemons over many years. Most of all that was wrong with my trailer is fixed, by me or the dealer. Maybe with a little luck all my problems are over. But I bet you 20 to 1 they are just starting. Have done tons of upgrades and repairs Salty

Old 06-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #2

havn't done any repairs to our trailer, Sorry to hear that yours is build on a Monday or Friday.
But from your previous posts, that you have so many issues , it is time to trade her in and get a nice Forest River, or a Jayco, I bet they don't have any problems what so ever.

jeepcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #3

Ah, looks like Salty's whining season is starting again.

I'm in the midst of my third year of driving all over the U.S. (14,000+ miles each year), and I've lived in it full-time since late 2010. Other than a self-inflicted problem where I dropped the fresh water tank out of it, mine's been trouble-free.

I guess we're polar opposites.
guybmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #4

Default Cruiser crap

Well aren't you a lucky soul. Maybe you should be buying lottery tickets. Do you read all the other peoples posts about their crappy trailer as well? Their are more of us on this site with problem trailers than not. All I will keep doing is telling people to be aware of Crappy Cruiser trailers. So they don't screwed like a lot of us did. Hope you buy a new one soon and then we will see how happy you are. Salty
Old 06-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #5

If I were you salty I wouldn't drive around with a piece of chit and camp in it , that is soo embarassing, what if you breath in those mold spores frome the leaks and you loose it, ooops I'm sorry you already lost your marbels.
jeepcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #6

Default Re: Cruiser crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltynuts
Well aren't you a lucky soul. Maybe you should be buying lottery tickets. Do you read all the other peoples posts about their crappy trailer as well? Their are more of us on this site with problem trailers than not. All I will keep doing is telling people to be aware of Crappy Cruiser trailers. So they don't screwed like a lot of us did. Hope you buy a new one soon and then we will see how happy you are. Salty
I'm definitely lucky. I generally wake up on the right side of the bed in the morning. I usually see the bright side of things. I have a great life.

Mostly I'm really happy that I'm not a bitter person whose mission in life isn't to solve his own problems, but to whine and cry and kick and scream, and let everyone else know about his problems. Loudly. Repeatedly. To the point of ad nauseum.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #7

all i can say is if you dont like, why not trade it in? maybe because then you wouldnt have anything to complain about?. we love our 210uds. couldnt be happier.
cookkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #8

Default Re: FF JUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltynuts
For every 1 of you their are about 20 of us who have a realy s**tty Cruser RV trailer. You all should be so lucky not to have had any problems. Do you think I should keep my mouth shut, would be the right thing to do. I am hoping people who read this and have not made up their mind in what to buy, will read this forum and help them so they dont end up making the same mistake the rest for us did. By the looks of this forum it is not the odd lemon comming out of their factory it is many lemons over many years. Most of all that was wrong with my trailer is fixed, by me or the dealer. Maybe with a little luck all my problems are over. But I bet you 20 to 1 they are just starting. Have done tons of upgrades and repairs Salty
Salty,
If you have everything pretty well sorted and working correctly now, this might be the time to sell it. It's obvious you have a really bad taste in your mouth concerning this trailer and this brand. It might be really hard for a guy to actually have fun camping in it, if he's constantly teed off every time he looks at it ! To say nothing of the fact that you're concerned that the next problem or breakdown is just around the corner.

You know, buying something like an Airstream might actually make you very happy. And the reason I say that is because an A/S might have enough other positive attributes that you might feel willing to fix the little problems that could pop up, because you could very well have a better overall attitude toward the brand and the rest of the ownership experience.

I will admit that I have a certain amount of desire to have an A/S myself. But I also recognize ( from hanging out on their forums ) that they suffer the same issues that we do over here in the FF world. I bought a FF because I did not want to spend big money on this just yet. I'm not even sure if I want to do this whole camping thing very long, so I figured for $14 grand, I'd get this 189FDS and just see how it goes. At this price point, I can't lose a whole lot of dollars !

Good luck with it....it just might be time to try something else, that's all I'm saying.

george
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #9

Here's a bit of a followup on my above post. Over on the Airforum, there is a thread where one of their members bought a new A/S a couple of years ago. By the time the trailer was year old, the leaks had ruined the floor. He ended up getting the dealer and the factory to agree to have the boys at the factory fix it. So he spent two weeks of his vacation time, spent his own money on gas to tow it over and back ( over 600 miles each way ), paid his own motel and food bills while there at Jackson Center. They tore it apart and fixed it. Before he left, he discovered they had failed to fix part of it correctly, and also screwed up a couple of other minor cosmetic things while working on it. So his departure back towards home was delayed a couple of days while they addressed those issues. In the end, he was happy with the fixes, was happy with the overall experience and treatment from the factory.

Other folks might have been very upset with that whole process. He spent a substantial amount of money on gas/lodging/food in addition to the purchase price because of the issues that really should never have happened. But, in the end, he is happy, and is devoted to A/S and really likes his camper.

Different folks have different tolerance for 'failures in things we buy'.

george
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #10

This thread reminds me of the local convenience store that USED TO give away FREE coffee with a gasoline purchase and a FREE car wash if buying 8 gallons or more.

The FREE coffee and FREE car washes lasted about 6 months and were discontinued.

Why you may ask. The answer is simple.

The FREE coffee was to hot, to cold, to weak, not strong enough, etc.

The FREE car wash didn't get the car clean enough, to much soap, not enough soap, didn't rinse all the soap off, didn't get all the dirt, bugs off, the tires didn't come clean enough, etc. etc. etc.

So the convenience store eliminated the FREE coffee and FREE car washes.

The now SELL just as much coffee as they went thru when they were giving it away FREE and just as many paying customers use the car wash
as when they were giving them away FREE ..... very seldom a complaint.

The old saying: "People are funny" as some you could give them a FREE travel trailer or motor home and they would still complain.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #11

I bought a new 2010 cruiser 19.5 wbs..Within the first month before using the unit: wardrobe shirt doors was out of alignment ,ac would not produce cool air, no coolant in the unit..The water tank would not relight after initial heating..Propane tank hose was finger tight and smelled at the dealership and they said it was coming from there shop...I found and tightened the fitting at home a few days later after smelling it..Refer door would not seal they tried three doors..It took three month to get these problems fixed.I had to go to a dometic repair shop for a new ac unit and a new refer..The refer in the unit was under recall .Went out west and wore out the tires (7000mi) had to buy a new set .I had the alignment checked at a reputable frame shop and discovered the axels were bent..Ruined our trip I had to cut the trip short with bald tires..They wouldn't replace the tires but did replace the axles..Now I'm dealing with outside wall delamination in the skylight area caused by condensation down the sides of the skylight..Cruiser doesn't have a lower vapor barrier under their skylights like almost all other trailers have.This is the truth !!!!
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #12

Just when I thought these boards were getting sweet, someone had to come back and make things salty again. Let me refer back to my topic that I statred months ago titled "get over yourself". I think myself and the rest of the bunch told you what to do. Again, no matter what brand you buy in RV's weather mega expensive or dirt cheap, someday, somehow they will have problems. If you still have this FF which you must since your complaining again, get over it. Sell it, trade it, push it off a cliff. We don't care. If you have been this unhappy and have been complaing about this trailer for at least 8 months, why keep it. Yes, we all get it. you bought a camper with a lot of problems. Yes you called fun finder and they laughed at you. We get it. Move on. Quit camping, become a hotel guru for pricline, but stop complaining on a fun finder forum on how much you hate the brand and the products.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Just when I thought these boards were getting sweet, someone had to come back and make things salty again. Let me refer back to my topic that I statred months ago titled "get over yourself". I think myself and the rest of the bunch told you what to do. Again, no matter what brand you buy in RV's weather mega expensive or dirt cheap, someday, somehow they will have problems. If you still have this FF which you must since your complaining again, get over it. Sell it, trade it, push it off a cliff. We don't care. If you have been this unhappy and have been complaing about this trailer for at least 8 months, why keep it. Yes, we all get it. you bought a camper with a lot of problems. Yes you called fun finder and they laughed at you. We get it. Move on. Quit camping, become a hotel guru for pricline, but stop complaining on a fun finder forum on how much you hate the brand and the products.

Amen!
Kansas City, MO
Neil.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuc71
Personally, I still find them sweet, not salty.

I'm taking a two-week break from my trailer, but will be back to resume the last chunk of the trip soon. The part I'm looking forward to is from Minneapolis across to Portland, OR. Haven't done that route before. After that, I'll also be heading south back to L.A. I'm up for suggestions to hit along the way for both.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:31 PM   #15

Default It is court time

Looking for some help. I own a 2012 Fun Funder Xtra 276 which has had nothing but problems. I'm looking for others that would be willing to tell me their story. I'm taking Cruiser RV, Lippert and Rocky MT Rv to Small Claims Court March 9th, 2015 due to all the problems I'm having with my trailer. I have only used it once but have had nothing but problems ranging from cabinets pulling away from the ceiling, windows not opening, doors not closing, pipes leaking, bathroom wall moving, trim falling off, bathroom cabinet pulling away from wall, electrical problems, sewer pipes leaking, frame problems, gaps in the roof with it moving, most of the wall and door paper pealing off and binding at the window corners, the rear bed being wired incorrectly to name just a few. If anyone has had these types of problems please contact me at tooltimeval@embarqmail.com.
TTlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:54 PM   #16

Default Re: It is court time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTlover
Looking for some help. I own a 2012 Fun Funder Xtra 276 which has had nothing but problems. I'm looking for others that would be willing to tell me their story. I'm taking Cruiser RV, Lippert and Rocky MT Rv to Small Claims Court March 9th, 2015 due to all the problems I'm having with my trailer. I have only used it once but have had nothing but problems ranging from cabinets pulling away from the ceiling, windows not opening, doors not closing, pipes leaking, bathroom wall moving, trim falling off, bathroom cabinet pulling away from wall, electrical problems, sewer pipes leaking, frame problems, gaps in the roof with it moving, most of the wall and door paper pealing off and binding at the window corners, the rear bed being wired incorrectly to name just a few. If anyone has had these types of problems please contact me at tooltimeval@embarqmail.com.

I bought a 2012 XT 276 in the spring of 2012 over the internet ~ very first camper ever. Dealer had it preped when I picked it up and went over everything.

I have NEVER experienced any of the issues you write about and am very pleased with my purchase.