Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #1

Smile First trip with Goodyear Endurance tires

Made the first trip with the new Goodyear Endurance tires recently installed. Once installed, I added balance beads for balanced tires. I used them in the original tires too and not a hint of imbalance on the tread face.

It was very windy on this trip, both going and returning. The wind was blowing 30 -40 MPH at an angle we were driving into. No help for fuel mileage! The return trip was slightly better as more of a side wind.

Regardless, I was very pleased with the performance of the Goodyear Endurance tires. They seemed to 'hold the road' better than the factory china tires which was especially noticeable when meeting semi trucks.

Overall, a good investment IMO and hopefully, they will last since the factory china tires mfg in 2010 and installed on a 2012 camper lasted until this spring in 2019 and never a flat or tire issue with normal traveling speed of 65 MPH.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #2

Well - that's good to know. I just had a set mounted and balanced, and leave next week for a cross country trip. I bought them because they're one of very few that are 14-inch D-rated trailer tires. And at 65 max psi, they can probably withstand a few more mph on the interstate. I have a 2012 and for the past 7 years have really only replaced tires as needed. But was always on the road and went with whatever was available at the nearest tire shop. Always a china tire. . . We'll see. Happy travels.

runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #3

Good to hear your opinion. We put over 7k miles on this year without event. My brother had two blowouts with his 2yr old Marathons on the same trip. He stopped in Las Cruces at DT and had all Endurance put on. The real test for tires, IMO, is in the 3-5year span. It will be good to hear results then, too.
Gerald Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:16 AM   #4

I should have mentioned the original factory tires that came on my camper were "Road Rider ST, Steel Belted Radial tires, Load Range C, 1850 # load w/50 PSI.

The 'Made in China' imprint is on the bead where it seals against the rim so cannot be seen until the tire is dismounted.

Regardless, they did serve quite well and gave no problems. I replaced them because of their age only once realized they were 2 years old when put on the camper plus my 6 1/2 year ownership time.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:36 AM   #5

Update:
Just returned from a trip to the Black Hills for the 79th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. The tires ran great and the toy hauler was more stable, even with two Harleys in the garage.

Had a great time!

Very pleased with the performance/handling of the Endurance tires.

Also, the trip went great, everything in the toy hauler functioned perfectly too.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:08 PM   #6

Post camping trip report. I put over 4500 miles on the tires (endurance). They ran without issue. Ran at speeds up to 75mph in all temps though we didn't experience any triple digit heat. I watched the tire temps get up to 102-degrees on hot days, plus, I had them at the maximum pressure of 65psi and would watch the pressure increase to 74psi. Not living on the edge, but I think all the numbers were well within the range of these tires.

runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote