Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #1

Default Front Cap fading and micro cracking

So, have a 2013 R22RBDS Radiance - love the trailer - very little problems except - this year the front cap is fading / mottling & has micro cracks all over! It has been washed and waxed religiously!! So, I have tired repeatedly to get a reply form either Cruiser RV or the Stealer I bought it from but no one wants to talk!!! It was built in 2012 November - and of course if over it's so called Warranty period! But you'd expect a little more for a $30,000 trailer!!! I have already contacted a company here that does Color matched Bed Liner coating and he has stated he is getting more and more calls form people with all brands of Holiday Trailers! Since mine is the grey I asked if it was a color thing and he said no - it's a piss poor outer coating that cracks from temp changes - it will probably never leak - but looks crappy! He quoted $700 - 800 for a sanding / decal removal / re-coating with the color matched coating ( lifetime guarantee) and I am on the verge of biting the bullet and getting it done!!! I really don't want the Dealer opening up the front cap ( it don't leak and I can't believe it won't after they are done) and re-painting??? What's to stop it from starting to micro crack elsewhere?
Any thoughts? Thanks: Ed

rewindgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #2

Isn't anyone else at all concerned that Cruiser RV is not responding ?

Old 10-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #3

Default Front cap fading

Maybe it's the whole 1 year warranty thing. I wrote them about my problems and got a response (albeit a weak one) two days later. They deferred to the dealer to take action in my case. Cliff

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #4

So, an update. Cruiser RV stated that their e-mail Server was down and that they got the e-mail 2 weeks later! Okay, if it's a computer thing - I will believe it! Now, for the amazing thing: and I am all for giving credit where credit is due!!
Their Warranty guy sent me a response and was in communication with the Dealer we bought the trailer from immediately! He stated that the trailer was out of their Warranty date but since I sent pictures and had it at Dealer for inspection they decided to do a "goodwill Warranty" thing and pay for a portion of the repairs. So, I went to several places and got them to print up a Quote and submitted it - they are paying 62 % of the repair costs no questions asked! I found that it was approximately the same cost to Epoxy coat than paint but you didn't have the front Decaling ( big deal)!
Got it back a couple of days ago and it looks great!! It's color matched, Lifetime Warranty and has a UV protectant in the overcoat.
So there you have it - Cruiser RV stepped up to the plate and did good ( in my books). And this was all done from Canada or as some think a foreign land!
rewindgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #5

Congrats.....I agree in giving credit where due. That was certainly a good will fix: something they didn't have to do. They are still in receipt of my concerns and I haven't gotten a reply outside of their original, "we're so sorry". MAYBE mine is tied up in the computer glich as well....here's hoping...and Canada isn't all that foreign. Though I live in Alabama, My Dad was born and raised in Cheticamp N.S. Cliff[/b]

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #6

Thanks for the updated information especially as it is good news. Also, a side note, our new 2015 model 214WSD arrived with the front cap a considerably lighter color than the previous year model. Our dealer said that it was the first one they had seen. Perhaps this lighter color will reflect a bit more of the sun's radiation and not absorb as much heat. And also, for the record, as I live in the south (GA) as does Karbean, I was actually born and raised in Winnipeg As Kevin Pollack said to the President, Alan Alda in the movie Canadian Bacon .... "they walk amongst us, undetected"