Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #1

Default Fun Finder RVs - Some words of experience

I bought a new X-240 in 2008. The trailer was built very well and the details were tight. In three years I had one problem, which was the CO2 alarm continued to go off. That can happen to any trailer, and Cruiser RV sent me a new one, no question. The dealership was very good, and the person contracted to take the trailer across the state line was very good. This is the way business should be conducted, and this is how you get repeat customers and referrals.

Fast forward to 2011.

Then I bought a new 210UDS. I'm not sure where to begin, but I'll give it a go.

Upon my initial inspection, there were a few minor items that were "off". Two of these items were leaking hoses for the showers. You see, those tan plastic hose fittings aren't worth the packages they come in, and certainly aren't fit for an exterior shower, where a leak runs into the trailer. If they aren't broke on your trailer, they will be soon enough. They break at the fitting with any type of pressure. Just pull on the hose a bit and watch it snap.

I paid the dealer to "install" my new hitch equipment. Later I realized they did it wrong, and they claimed "we didn't have the truck when you picked up the trailer". So I thought, you charged me for something you didn't do or for something you did wrong? Pick one you idiots. Oh wait, you picked the one that covers your liability best... Regardless, they sent me a refund. I don't like being lied to.

The guy who towed the trailer across the state line showed up too early, so I didn't have much time to inspect the trailer. He also failed to install the break away cable. I asked about the cable, and he claimed it was in the wiring (LOL). When I got home I found it tied up in the tongue of the trailer. What a crack-up. The guy is paid to tow vehicles yet he doesn't know how to do it safely. Go figure.

I got the trailer home and found all kinds of problems, primarily little stuff, which leads me to conclude the manufacturer is paying low-skilled workers to do little stuff, like caulking, weather stripping, door fasteners, locks, propane lines, etc.

So, like an idiot I returned the trailer to the dealership with a long list of items. I was very specific. Incidentally, the dealship is Happy Daze RV. Don't go there, because they've lost their way. I suggest they fire the managers and start fresh, because this is no way to do business.

I left the trailer with Happy Daze RV for one month. Here's a list of things that were supposed to be done, but weren't:

A. Caulking around exterior trims etc. : They didn't touch it but said they did.

B. Caulking on the roof. : They claimed to have done some of it. All I know is they missed most of it. Nothing like a leaky roof.

C. Rubber seal around slide-out: They claimed to have fixed it but didn't. I'm scheduled for an appointment elsewhere, this Saturday. Thanks to Cruiser RV, I can have it done locally.

D. Door latch. They claimed to have fixed it 4-5 times. I ended up fixing it. A drill, 30 seconds and half a brain was required.

That's all I remember.

Fast forward to my first time camping:

A. Remember the shower hose fittings for the outdoor shower? They supposedly replaced that piece of crap with a "better" hose. Well, that hose isn't intended for this type of shower, because there's not enough thread on the fitting to tighten. So the numb-skull (Happy Daze) put it on snug (otherwise it just slips out) and called it good enough. Like I eluded to earlier, this leaked into the trailer. I pulled the hose out of the indoor shower (not the tan peice of crap), removed the entire shower unit (like they didn't), slapped the hose on and reconnected the hot/cold. Done deal. I called the dealership, and asked them what they charged the manufacturer to "fix" the shower the first time, because I wanted the money since I fixed it. They tell me they don't have a work order for it. I might double check with Cruiser RV, so they can at least get their money back.

B. Electric jack motor failed. Of course it failed, that's what happens when things are more difficult than they need to be. I'm removing all of these motors. Simple is ALWAYS better.

Happy Daze RV: The dealership accepts no responsibility for any of these issues and their customer service SUCKS. In their mind the customer is always wrong, and when that fails, blame the manufacturer. DO NOT DEAL WITH HAPPY DAZE RV.

Cruiser RV: I suggest the manufacturer fire the bad "low-skilled" workers that do their detail/finish work, and give the others a raise. It will pay dividends in the long run. Other than that, I have to say that Cruiser RV has always treated me right, and continue to do so. They're polite and provide good customer service. As for the difference between 2008 and 2011. They added a lot of neat stuff and the over all quality of materials have improved some. For example, the underneath used to be a plastic sheet. Now it's a solid piece that bolts on. They've added a lot of electrical items "upgrades", but you're really better off with items that operate manually. Manual operation is generally quicker, less expensive and far more reliable.

Would I buy another Fun Finder? That's a good question, but I can say for certainty I will never go to Happy Daze RV.

Regardless, a lot changed over 3 years.

ZZSPIRAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #2

Default We too have the 210 UDS 2013

We too have the 210 UDS 2013...Haven't been out yet though. We are reading this forum carefully to head off problems hopefully. This is our 3rd (2nd new)trailer so this isn't our first rodeo. We are having a (trusted) RV mobile repair guy come over and inspect the roof with a fine tooth comb for caulking issues. We don't feel comfortable climbing up there. So ZZSPIRAL. Would you say you like the UDS overall?

mooneybeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #3

Wow soungs like me all over again.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #4

Spiral: you got off easy.
read some of the posts about the problems i have had.
thank goodness i have a good dealer and they are making good on all the problems.
I am lucky my axles didnt come off in the mountains.!!!!!
1959 Mooney M20A
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #5

Got my Fun Finder this spring.

Been out a few times so far ~ wish it had been more.

Really, nothing of any consequence on the negative side.

I am very pleased with my purchase of the Fun Finder.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #6

Default Re: We too have the 210 UDS 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneybeem
We too have the 210 UDS 2013...Haven't been out yet though. We are reading this forum carefully to head off problems hopefully. This is our 3rd (2nd new)trailer so this isn't our first rodeo. We are having a (trusted) RV mobile repair guy come over and inspect the roof with a fine tooth comb for caulking issues. We don't feel comfortable climbing up there. So ZZSPIRAL. Would you say you like the UDS overall?
See my shower thread. It WILL leak. Overall I do like the trailer. I've modified some things. For example, today I added a platform to the top step. Trust me, it hurts when you miss that step, and dogs can't get inside without it. Easy to build. Jigsaw, 2x4, full 1" plank, paint. 24" wide, 8" deep, 2 1/2" high. It fits right in, won't tilt (positioning) and lifts right up. Well worth it.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Spiral: you got off easy.
read some of the posts about the problems i have had.
thank goodness i have a good dealer and they are making good on all the problems.
I am lucky my axles didnt come off in the mountains.!!!!!
What were your axles rated? What trailer? I think I've read your post, and I looked at my axles as a result. I think they put on the right ones. 2800 pounds each. Trailer weighs 4000 pounds.