Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #1

Default Fun Finder vs. Shadow Cruiser

Can anybody out there explain in a nutshell the difference in these two models? I know they are both built by Cruiser RV. I have a 2008 Fun Finder X189FBR. Yesterday I looked at a Shadow Cruiser 2014 model at the Tucson RV show. It is a carbon copy of my Fun Finder. I asked the sales guy the difference in the two models, and he obviously had no idea. He did say his company, La Mesa, did not carry the Fun Finder and only carried the Shadow Cruiser models. A few years ago, I bought a used Shadow Cruiser truck camper and it was very well built and easy to use. They no longer make the truck campers.

Denver Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
Site Team

The Fun Finder is supposed to be the 'higher end' model. If you look at the website the Fundfinder starting price is $1000 higher that the Shadow Cruiser. I think on the older models there was a difference in the cabinets and trim. It may be that on the current models there's just a few more things included as standard. $1000 doesn't buy all that much nowadays.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #3

Most manufacturers have multiple lines that are nearly identical.
This allows for more dealerships in one area. Giving a potential customer more options.
One dealer will sell Fun Finder another sells Shadow Cruiser and another sells Radiance.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:14 AM   #4

I was about to start a new thread but found this. I have just bought a new 2016 SC 195WBS.

I have compared the Shadow Cruiser to the Fun Finder F210UDS. Everything on the spec list (size, weight, capacities) are the same. The only real difference is the slide which is bigger in the FF. The FF slide houses a large dinette while the SC has a 70" leather sofa. I also noticed a ladder and a stainless steel sink on the FF. I think the other differences were more decorative.

Dealer says they are basically the same.

The price difference was more like $5,000. I'm sure a lot of that covers the generous slide.

I do think both of these units offer a lot for a TT at 21'9".

Harry
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...psrtdivxrb.jpg
harryshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:19 PM   #5

Congrats! Post a link or a photo!
WSKinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #6

I don't know much about Shadow Cruisers but I'm curious as to whether or not they have LED lighting throughout the trailer including all the running lights on the outside. Often times, a lower trim level will have incandescent tail lights etc.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:50 AM   #7

Default Funfinder vs Shadow Cruiser

Funfinder is a upgrade model from (SC)/Shadow Cruiser. (SC) is a little more colorful exterior,gray front end/back end, sides white. I have a (SC)225RBS/2013, 2yrs old now, found it brand new before I saw the Funfinder. Exterior on the Funfinder was not appealing to me(white/red striping), guess it takes some getting use to.
Getting my (SC) ready/cleaned up for the spring /summer 2015 season. Have been totally happy with it, no problems, except for the front end gray color oxidizing from the middle upward to top, still working on fixin that situation though. Hot Texas summers/UV rays beat up all TT's with color on the front end. I don"t have one of those fancy fiberglass caps like the new ones.
Starting to get the itch again to go look at a new one, little bigger, (SC), got my eye on a 260BHS, but still looking.
sc225rbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:10 AM   #8

Default LED Lights

I am looking at the spec/description of the SC 195WBS. I do not see LED lights. That is significant, especially for those of us likely to dry camp often.
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...psrtdivxrb.jpg
harryshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:21 AM   #9

I've gone through previous trailers and replaced all the incandescent bulbs with LEDs for about $100. Aside from the fact that they draw about 18% of the original bulbs current, the bigger upside for us since we don't boondock much was the fact that they don't generate any heat hardly at all which makes it much easier to keep cabin temps down on hot nights when you're running lights inside. Also, the life expentancy of the LED is about 10 times that of the incandescent.

The exterior lights (tail lights, brake lights and turn signals as well as the side running lights) are all LEDs on our FF. The tail lights are much brighter which is a safety advantage in heavy rain or fog. Here also, the durability is also a factor.