Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #1

Default Fun Finder X 210UDS

Saw the floor plan for the new 210UDS online and it looks like a nice trailer. Has anyone seen one in person? If so, what are your thoughts? Is the floor plan as functional as it looks? Is the u-dinette better than a sofa? Is the u-dinette bed big enough for 2?
We like the 189FDS, but after seeing the 210UDS floor plan online we might change our minds.

Mininorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #2

I have looked at both the 210UDS.. and the 210WBS.. they are very much alike. I am torn between the two.. but must say I think I would buy the 210WBS.

The sofa actually sits a little further back into the slide.. than the u-shaped dinette. I like the additional open floor.. even tough its very little. (note.. I am refering to the models with the bigger, floor level slide,.. cruiser calls them: "deep flush floor slide-outs".. not sure why.. but not all 2011 210s have this slide)

I like the stand up shower in the UDS.. but there actually seems to be a little more "dressing room" in the bathroom of the WBS.

and.. I think I like the fridge being over with the sink and stove in the WBS.. rather than on a different wall.. as in the UDS.

Both are beautiful campers.. and I am sure I would be happy with either.. If the money was exactly the same.. I would probably buy the WBS.

chuck9997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #3

We recently purchased the UDS and it has a deep flush slide. The U-shaped dinette will sleep two small adults, and is of course smaller than the queen. We went with glazed cherry cabinets and pebble beach fabric. We chose the UDS due to the hidden television which is on a swivel. We chose the U-shaped dinette because we did not like the free standing table that accompanied the sofa. Hope this is of help to you. Good luck and I am sure any decision you make you will be happy
bayougirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #4

A lot will depend on how you "camp" and why We are "sight seers"; we don't spend a lot of time sitting around and in our 210WBS unless we are back for the evening or it is pouring down rain. We tend to come back from hiking, biking or otherwise "seeing the countryside", tired and ready to relax. The couch, for us, is far more desirable than a dinette for relaxing. We have television trays that fold up into squares and store behind the couch for eating inside if it is nasty outside, and the television trays adjust up and down and the top tilts for laptop computer use, so, the floor space is always "open". We too, didn't care for the table that comes with the WBS, it is now in the wife's dye kitchen

I put our television on a MorRyde swing mount on the wall and it pivots out, almost to the refrigerator, for easier viewing from the couch and/or the bed simultaneously (she likes lounging on the bed, I sit on the couch with the cats).

The couch does turn into a sleeper, but, I wouldn't put more than one person on it. If you have children, the dinette would make a better bed for a couple of kids and the dinette would be better if you spend time inside playing cards or board games... For us, we prefer no dinette and having the couch; in fact, that was what originally sold us on the FunFinder X line. We took one look at the interior and it was love at first sight.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #5

Default 210 UDS...Happy with our purchase

We have waited for this floor plan for awhile!!! We purchased the 210 UDS last month and love it. We chose the u-dinette over the table because we didn't like the free standing table. The dinette is a wonderful size and can fit 4-5 people fairly easily. Also, it is a good size for making a bed for others much better than the sofa. Our thinking, too, was if we wanted to play games around the table we would have plenty of room. The shower was the other selling point for us. Nice size compared to other models we looked at.
Only minor con I have is when the slide out is in you cannot access the refrigerator. However, with a push of the button you can access easily.
So far we are not disappointed. Best of luck!
HppyCmprz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #6

Default Re: 210 UDS...Happy with our purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HppyCmprz
Only minor con I have is when the slide out is in you cannot access the refrigerator. However, with a push of the button you can access easily.
Thanks for pointing that out... hadn't thought of that. I do like accessing the fridge, for a cold water.. while on the road. and I usuall stop along the way and get a few things that need to go in the fridge. I am sure pushing the button to move the slide is easy.. but that might get old, for me.. after awhile.

chuck9997 is offline   Reply With Quote