Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #1

Default Fun with lightning

I'm overdue with a new trip blog (I've been on the road since Memorial Day), but caught this photo last weekend from the relative safety of my awning, and figured I'd share.

guybmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #2

Default Lightning and storms

Saw your terrific picture. I recently camped with another Fun Finder owner in a Georgia State Park. No rain, one or two very distanced rumble of thunder, then quiet before a very loud bolt of lightning hit a tall pine across the road where two motor homes were camped. Here is the results, the FF owner had his storage key in hand to open the door, he felt a tingle run down his arm, strong enough to drop the key. No after affects, thank God! Our two nearby campers were not so lucky. One had their refig blown. No way to connect with power and had it fully stocked. They left to get back home. The other motor home was nearest the tree. His unit lost all power. Could not get his two slides back in, tried to start the engine but smoke blew out from under the dash. A local RV dealer came to tow him to their shop, but only after another mechanic came to crank in his slides. What a day. Watch out for storms and nearby tall trees.

2011 FF X-189FDS
2009 Toyota V6 Highlander
lowcountry4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #3

Default Re: Fun with lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybmoto
I'm overdue with a new trip blog (I've been on the road since Memorial Day), but caught this photo last weekend from the relative safety of my awning, and figured I'd share.

C L Photo of the Lightning by that good looking Tacoma , Brings the Truck out Good Post
Megabusa is offline   Reply With Quote