Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #1

Default Getting the camper out from winter storage tomorrow

Tomorrow afternoon will be getting the camper out from it's winter storage and bringing it home.

Haven't seen it since late last fall when it went into storage. The snow is pretty much gone and weather in the 50's daytime but it will be warming more in the next few weeks so have time to check everything over before the first outing.

Tomorrow will be a good day!

Old 04-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #2

Isn't it amazing how these little things make our hearts go pitty-pat with excitment!

Old 04-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #3

Just got mine out and to the house. Leveled, slide out opened up, TV channels set, radio tuned in. Sleeping in it tonight! LOL
Hobie i9s kayak
Kafn8td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #4

Got mine home and parked in the driveway, leveled and plugged into A/C power.

I started checking things out.

#1 - not a sign of a mouse because I use 'Fresh Cab' packets that keep mice away
#2 - a few dead flies that I vacuumed up
#3 - replaced the 9 volt smoke detector battery
#4 - filled and re-installed the propane tanks
#5 - test fired the gas range burners
#6 - opened several windows and ran all the fans for several hours to air everything out

Over the next few days, will continue checking/testing everything so ready to take off for a weekend soon, maybe in 1 or two weeks.

We are really looking forward to putting our toy hauler to use again

Old 04-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #5

Waaaaa...I'm so jealous you are all getting to play with your Fun Finders!

Supposedly, my new one is coming off the line in 4 days! Then the dealer has to go get it. And install the MaxxFan, etc.

Heavy sigh.
Patience is not my long suit.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellep
Waaaaa...I'm so jealous you are all getting to play with your Fun Finders!

Supposedly, my new one is coming off the line in 4 days! Then the dealer has to go get it. And install the MaxxFan, etc.

Heavy sigh.
Patience is not my long suit.
I got mine from a dealer 300 miles away. I made the deal based on internet listings/pictures and phone conversations with the selling dealer. Since I opted for the Maxxfan, convection microwave, 15" tires and a few other things it was a factory order. The dealer let me know about how long it would take to get it and since it was winter when ordered, no big deal.

The wait makes the arrival much sweeter.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #7

Eagle what do you use for mice control
GMC Denali-retired
2014 Chevy 2500HD crew cab 4x4
dberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #8

GMC Denali-retired
Old 04-12-2014, 04:20 AM   #9

GMC Denali-retired
Old 04-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberg

I use "FRESH CAB" that is made to put in farm equipment cabs, storage buildings, stored vehicles, antique vehicles, etc. ~ anyplace you do not want mice!

It is an ALL NATURAL mouse repellant available at many hardware stores like ACE Hardware, Farm & Home stores and even WalMart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/24774347?w...395396&veh=sem

THIS STUFF WORKS!

Here are the contents of the packets:

FAQs for Fresh Cab Product

How much do I need to use?
Begin treatment with one pouch per average sized room or storage area placed near entry points where rodent might gain entry. For current infestations, place a pouch near possible food and water sources. Remember, rodents need food and water, as well as shelter.

Increase number of pouches as needed, until desired results are achieved. Heavier infestations may require more pouches per room. For mouse prone areas use 1 pouch per 125 sq. feet placed at area entrance for protection. Replace when the scent is no longer strong to the nose. For known infested areas, use one pouch per 8 sq. feet of floor space placed at area entrance for up to 30 days of maximum protection.

Length of effectiveness depends on air exchange rates and temperature condition of storage areas.

RV: use 3 pouches for up to 30 ft. Place near water tank, drains, slide-outs and cushions. Also place a pouch in each storage compartment below to protect against nesting in those areas.
Tractor or Truck: use 2 pouches; replace when scent has diminished; 4 if it is in storage for the season
Combine: use 4 pouches when putting away for the year
Garage: use 4 pouches for up to a double garage. Replace every 30-45 days
Home: use 1 in an entryway, pantry, or closet. Use in mouse prone areas like vents that open to the outside (i.e. dryer vent, attic vent, etc.).
Tac room: use 1 pouch per 8 feet of floor space
Auto: use 1 in the trunk, 1 under each seat, and 1 under the hood if in storage (be careful to remove pouch under hood before driving). Replace when scent has diminished.
Drop Ceilings, sub-floors, crawl spaces: Use one pouch per 8 sq. feet, replace in 30 days to prevent re-infestation.

top-25-uses-for-fresh-cab

Automobile Boat, Jet Ski, ATV, Snowmobile Motorcycle Airplane Camper/RV Hunting Equipment
Trunk Under the Cover Seats Seats Under Sink (kitchen & bathroom) Decoys
Under Each Seat Engine & Battery Area Near Electronics Hanger By Slideouts Clothing
Under the Hood (when in storage) Near Electronics Engine & Battery Area Engine & Battery Area Engine, Battery Area & Intakes Trailers
Glove Box Seats Under the Cover Near Electronics Storage Compartments (inside & out) Dog Kennel

How do I use it?
Simply distribute pouches around any uninhabited and enclosed area where rodents tend to hide, feed or seek nesting sites: IE: garages, sheds, attics, cellars, cottages, RV's, autos, and farm equipment. Pay particular attention to areas like walls and other surfaces that may serve as runways, to any area of potential entry, and to potential nesting areas.

Is there anywhere I should not use it?
Yes, we don't recommend using it anywhere in the immediate area where you spend a lot of time, for example under a couch or bed. Also, if used outdoors it only lasts 10 days in the heat and rain, so is not as effective.

Why is it important to be EPA registered?
Rodents are considered to be a public health risk because they can carry and pass on human pathogens and diseases. Any product that makes a claim of repelling or killing pests that are considered a public health risk must undergo a series of rigorous performance testing. In order to be EPA registered, products must do what they claim to on their label, as well as have minimal effects on the environment. Be assured that if a product is EPA registered, the product's claims on the label are tested and have been proven. Fresh Cab is the only plant-based rodent repellent registered by the Fed. EPA for use in indoor/enclosed areas.

Is FRESH CAB safe to use?
All of the data we submitted to the EPA was accepted, and the product has no known hazards to human or environmental health. These tests were performed by independent product safety labs to insure that the product would be safe when used as directed. *Note: Promptly remove pouches from the house if you feel a headache or dizziness. Everyone has a different response to scented products, even if they are all natural. Do not place on finished or stained woods as the pouches may discolor such areas. Remove pouches once the scent has diminished. Since the product is all natural, it could potentially become nest material (or food) for ravenous rodents.

What is Fresh CabŪ made from?
Fresh Cab is a natural blend of plant cellulose fiber (corn cobs), and essential oils of Balsam Fir, Lavender, Spanish Rosemary, Cedar, Orange, and Lemon. This mixture is placed within breathable fabric pouches that can be placed or hung in areas you want to keep fresh and protected. Each pouch weighs about 2.5 oz.

Full information about Fresh Cab is available here:

http://www.earth-kind.com/faq/#faq8

I have a 30' toy hauler. I put one packet in the front kitchen/bed area, one packet in the bath area and one packet in the rear garage area.

I also use them in my 8'x12' lawn and garden building in my back yard.

As a note, after a year or two, I "recharge" them by putting about 10 drops of Balsam Fir Needle Oil that is one of the major oils used in the packets of treated corn cobs ..... http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Bals.../dp/B0014UEG50 ...

NOTE: I am in no way affiliated with Fresh Cab.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #11

thank you, some great information do youuse it during the camping season or just during storage?
GMC Denali-retired
Old 04-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberg
thank you, some great information do youuse it during the camping season or just during storage?
I use the packets whenever I am not using the unit. During the summer months, I put the packets in the unit when parked at home between trips.

NEVER ~ EVER had a mouse problem.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:40 AM   #13

Taking mine out today! So excited! It's been a long winter...
Old 04-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #14

Ran around looking for fresh cab , finally found a whole shelf full at fleet farm. Drove out to the storage lot and put 4 of them in the trailer they do have a smell like a candle shop. set them on alumnum foil so they would not stain any surfaces. Hope the weather warms up and we can get out and ride.
GMC Denali-retired
Old 04-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #15

Must be spring in the air. I have been working on mine the last few days, after we got home from winter quarters in AZ. I got a new mattress from Denver Mattress, Breckenridge model RV queen. Outstanding in comfort and fits perfect in my trailer. Also bit the bullet and got several LED lights to replace the original old style lights. Already spent 3 nights in the rig checking out things. Wife says I really need to move out there. Maybe she is telling me something. Should be about ready to roll to the mountains soon.
Denver Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #16

I'm glad I held off on flushing out the antifreeze and sanitizing the water system as it dipped to 17 degrees here last night and possible snow in the forecast for late today/overnight.

I fired up the furnace and turned on the frig to check their function. Furnace works great and will leave it on while I "spring clean" the inside some and put things away that were stored in the house over the winter.

Warmer weather forecast for later this week and better next week so will see how that works out. Weather forecasters are not very accurate.