Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #41

That distance away is a bummer. The dealer I purchased from is just shy of 400 miles away ... about a 6 hour drive. However, to my advantage, have never needed to return for anything and only made 1 phone call for some info once.

I do wish you the best for a positive resolution.

If that is not forthcoming, "Trailer Life" magazine can/will act as an intermeditary for a resolution with the manufacturer and they have countless success events.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:47 PM   #42

Ouch. 5 hours.

So let's talk about the leak. Do you know where it is coming from? (Please forgive the preposition at the end of the phrase --I'm tired.) If this is a window, you can take care of that yourself. If it is the roof, not so easy.

Let's hold the door latch for later. One thing at a time!

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:35 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Ouch. 5 hours.

So let's talk about the leak. Do you know where it is coming from? (Please forgive the preposition at the end of the phrase --I'm tired.) If this is a window, you can take care of that yourself. If it is the roof, not so easy.

Let's hold the door latch for later. One thing at a time!
The leak that soaked the bed is the front window. The leak that wrecked the solar charger is who knows! I stuck my hand in the hole in between the two walls as far up and down as I could and I felt no moisture. That one is a puzzle.

The striker plate - factory forgot to put a screw in the top hole of the plate - it's not that the screw was missing; there is no hole drilled there. I don't understand how the door worked for so long (i'd been in and out of the trailer hundreds of times). I'm guessing it just finally let loose from driving and twisting and whatever.

I just think there's going to be trouble (who's fault) because the tech was on the roof. Don't understand how such a large Lance dealer did NOT know that.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #44
Site Team

OUCH! Sorry to hear that. Lance trailers are supposed to be high quality. Hopefully the dealer takes good care of you.
LJAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:28 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellep View Post
Dealership is 5 hours, one way...
uggg what a hike!! I sure hope they will fix all issues. My dealer actually picked my trailer up and delivered it when they didn't get my new weather stripping right, thankfully I found it myself with water hose vs an all day rain. I told them they messed up and could come get it vs me taking back again after 2nd time. Thankfully I'm only 10 minutes from mine. I agree though Lance are a big $$$ trailer and I'd be asking for a trade up for my troubles since lemon was sold to you
im4x4ldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #46

The front window can be fixed -- it is not easy but it is not impossible. You will need two people to get the window in and out. (I'm in the middle of doing the same thing on my trailer -- my original window cracked, so we had to get a new one.)

Is it possible that the water ran from the front window to the solar charger?? It is unlikely that there are two leaks, but maybe there are?
Old 07-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #47

Quote:
The front window can be fixed -- it is not easy but it is not impossible. You will need two people to get the window in and out. (I'm in the middle of doing the same thing on my trailer -- my original window cracked, so we had to get a new one.)

Is it possible that the water ran from the front window to the solar charger?? It is unlikely that there are two leaks, but maybe there are?
I still maintain that someone who spends good money for a new unit should not have to do the repairs and should instead get monetary compensation and a goal fix. And be put in line before more new sales are fixed.
But I also will always buy used...
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #48

The problem here is that she lives 5 hours from the dealer -- it may make more sense to fix it herself, if possible, than to make a ten hour round trip drive twice (once to drop off the trailer, once to pick it up).

Plus, there is the entertainment value -- think of the fun she will have applying butyl tape to the window frame -- woo-hoo!!
Old 07-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #49

That's probably what she will end up doing. Not sure if warranty would be effected though. They depend on people not being willing to pick it up and lose valuable camping time while making payments. Sad state of affairs.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:31 PM   #50

Quote:
Plus, there is the entertainment value -- think of the fun she will have applying butyl tape to the window frame -- woo-hoo!!
Dan, you truly have a sick sense of humor!!!

I'm definitely going to have the dealer to the repairs...like I tell George all the time - WAY above my pay grade. I hope they will be able to find and fix the leaks in one day. Even if it's 2 days, that would only be 1 night hotel.

And, Dan, the leaks are on opposite ends of the trailer - the empty space between the interior walls is about 3/4 toward the rear, and you know where the front window is.

I'll let you guys know! This is my 3rd new trailer with 3 different dealers. FAR more impressed with the Fun Finder dealers, although they have both quit carrying Cruiser products because of their lousy warranty payments...
Old 07-14-2017, 01:19 PM   #51

Quote:

I'll let you guys know! This is my 3rd new trailer with 3 different dealers. FAR more impressed with the Fun Finder dealers, although they have both quit carrying Cruiser products because of their lousy warranty payments...
Hummmm ~ wonder if that is why the dealership I made my purchase from no longer carries them ???
Old 07-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #52

Quote:
Dan, you truly have a sick sense of humor!!!

I'm definitely going to have the dealer to the repairs...like I tell George all the time - WAY above my pay grade. I hope they will be able to find and fix the leaks in one day. Even if it's 2 days, that would only be 1 night hotel.

And, Dan, the leaks are on opposite ends of the trailer - the empty space between the interior walls is about 3/4 toward the rear, and you know where the front window is.

Glad to hear you'll take it back. I hope they deal with it right away and I hope they said they are sorry they sold it to you that way too.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:58 AM   #53
Site Team

Try contacting Lance and explain the situation - including the guy walking on the roof. Maybe there is an independent closer to you that Lance would work with.
LJAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:01 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ View Post
Try contacting Lance and explain the situation - including the guy walking on the roof. Maybe there is an independent closer to you that Lance would work with.
Already done that, including telling them about the roof. They said I need to go to my dealer, even though it's inconvenient.

Oh, well - it is what it is. Maybe I'll take an extra day and go see the Space Museum.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:05 AM   #55

Re: fan installation. If you can't walk on the roof how can you inspect and maintain it?
https://lance-camper.pissedconsumer....onsumer.com%2F
Old 07-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Re: fan installation. If you can't walk on the roof how can you inspect and maintain it?
https://lance-camper.pissedconsumer....onsumer.com%2F
I agree. Walking on the roof should not be a problem unless the guy was wearing cleats. I walk on my roof three or four times a year just to inspect and clean it. Besides, standing on the roof is the only way the dealer is going to be able to install a roof fan, unless he is dangling from ropes or standing on scaffolding.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinster2 View Post
I agree. Walking on the roof should not be a problem unless the guy was wearing cleats. I walk on my roof three or four times a year just to inspect and clean it. Besides, standing on the roof is the only way the dealer is going to be able to install a roof fan, unless he is dangling from ropes or standing on scaffolding.
A Lance roof is different (on the 2 smallest models, mine and 1 up). Straight from Lance to my eyes - the roof cannot be walked or kneeled on.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #58

Quote:
A Lance roof is different (on the 2 smallest models, mine and 1 up). Straight from Lance to my eyes - the roof cannot be walked or kneeled on.
Wow. Is that in the owners manual? Did you know the roof was that fragile before you bought it or is that one of the things they tell after you hand over the check? IMHO, if I knew before hand, I would have probably walked away from the sale because a trailer roof that cannot be walked on is not going to get proper inspections as it gets older, either from the dealer or the owner. Sorry that you are having so much trouble.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #59

Goodbye Little FunFinder. Your new trailer is really cute, sorry you are having leaks though. That is so frustrating. Love that counter space though. And is that a real chair in there?
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:29 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti View Post
...And is that a real chair in there?
TWO real chairs - one rocks and swivels; the other only swivels. The one that rocks and swivels is free-standing.