Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #1

Default Help! Purchase Decision - 2007 Fun Finder 189FBR

I am looking at purchasing privately a used 2007 189FBR but am concerned about the roof. The roof is bowed in where the AC unit sits in the middle of the camper. On the interior this is very noticable but being a tent camper for years I don't know if this is normal for campers or should be a concern. Water is sitting around the AC unit and I fear this will lead to more problems down the road. The asking price is $9900 which includes the BBQ, sway bars/hitch, flat screen tv and a couple other extras. Is this a fair starting price? We need to make a decision very quickly so any help would be greatly appriciated.

cgrieck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #2

Default Re: Help! Purchase Decision - 2007 Fun Finder 189FBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrieck
I am looking at purchasing privately a used 2007 189FBR but am concerned about the roof. The roof is bowed in where the AC unit sits in the middle of the camper. On the interior this is very noticable but being a tent camper for years I don't know if this is normal for campers or should be a concern. Water is sitting around the AC unit and I fear this will lead to more problems down the road. The asking price is $9900 which includes the BBQ, sway bars/hitch, flat screen tv and a couple other extras. Is this a fair starting price? We need to make a decision very quickly so any help would be greatly appriciated.
Yeah thats common for any fun finder older then a 2009 the older ones had flat roofs and arent very well supported so they started to bow right where that ac is mine use to be flat and you could see the water draining off the AC running out the rain gutters but now it just collects up there around the AC. I would check every thing out thoug make sure it all works. and that is a good price on it mines an 06 and i have some tell me its worth almost 14 grand and others tell me 7 when i look in the NADA it says right around 14 grand . Just check it out realy close make sure its what you want. I was excited with mine but now i want a bigger one and the only way ill get out of it is to sell it out right to a private party.

queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #3

Default 07 fun finder 189 FBR

Quote:
After reading your post I went down to where I store my 189 X and looked at the roof.There appears to be a slight slope from front to rear but does not appear to be bowed in.Water will collect in the rear of the ac.
My FF189x is probably the oldest 07 out there,made july 31 2006.
If yours is bowed in alot that is not normal. BE careful on top off the trailer,I put a dent in mine when I changed the vent.
the FF189 isnt a bad trailer ,but not the best either.The QT sucks and be preparred to fix a lot of little things.
I woundnt pay that much for used.
Hope this helps
RWD lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:23 AM   #4

Default Re: Help! Purchase Decision - 2007 Fun Finder 189FBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrieck
I recomend not buying that FunFinder. If the roof leaks it will cost $6,000 to get repaired. Any FunFinder built with a flat roof is trouble. They have had allot of problems with the roofs leaking. As you know it's only under warranty for 1 year. Any one who only warrantys for 1 year doesn't have allot of confidence in there own product. They went to a curved roof and redesigned for 2010 and have sense fixed the problem in the 2010 models. If you go on ebay you can see someone trying to sell one right now that the roof leaked on.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:30 AM   #5

Default Re: 07 fun finder 189 FBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD lll
Quote:
After reading your post I went down to where I store my 189 X and looked at the roof.There appears to be a slight slope from front to rear but does not appear to be bowed in.Water will collect in the rear of the ac.
My FF189x is probably the oldest 07 out there,made july 31 2006.
If yours is bowed in alot that is not normal. BE careful on top off the trailer,I put a dent in mine when I changed the vent.
the FF189 isnt a bad trailer ,but not the best either.The QT sucks and be preparred to fix a lot of little things.
I woundnt pay that much for used.
Hope this helps
I recomend you sell the Fun Finder before the roof does leak. If it leaks and screws up the interior it will cost $6,000 to repair the roof. Go on ebay you will see someone trying to sell one right now that the roof leaked.