Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #1

Default I'm so mad...

We purchased a new FunFinder Extra XT275 about 2 months ago. We took our maiden voyage last week and loved the camper. The only complaint was the size of the shower. It was great for the kids but small for us adults. The reason for buying this model was that we have been looking for a light toy hauler that had a partition wall between the living area and the garage. We were also a little disappointed on the size of the slide and no dinette. Low and behold, as soon as we came home and I started surfing the net as I always do, Funfinder releases the XT276 which sounds like upgrades that people must have complained about becuse it is virtually the same unit as mine except for a larger bath and a dinette larger slide vs. the slide couch. I guess everything gets better with time

starbuc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #2

Default Just a thought!

It might be viable to inquire as to a trade-in on the new model. You might be surprised at what the dealership might do! Just a thought.

kegbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #3

I'm going to wait for the Florida super RV show at the Fairgrounds in January. As far as it looks right now, Holman in OH. is about the only one who has one. One or two more dealers can get them but they are selling over MSRP. Holman has awsome prices, but they really don't want to deal with your trade unless you really want to take a beating hence thier awsome outright pricing. The wife was already mad that I drove to VA to pick this one up. We will see if the any 2 of the Funfinder extra dealers in FL bring one to the show.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #4

call Hunter at allseaonsrv in michigan, 231 739 5269. he sells funfinder and might be able to take yours in and get you the newest one. I too wold have been upset, thats my luck.
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #5

Believe me, if I lived anywhere near Michigan I would. We live in FL and my wife was mad as hell that I drove to VA to pick this one up. I bet I am the only one in FL with a XT275 though. I guess we all need to be thankful for what we have sometimes. There will always be something better every year. Allseason RV does have some super prices on Fun Finders and a great selection. Thanks
Old 12-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #6

Default FBS 189's tiny shower

I have a 189 FBS and the 2x2 shower is tiny, and being raised 8" off the floor makes it almost unusable by anyone, especially me, at 6'3".

I have done my measurments and am pulling out the shower and toilet. and will install a 43" x 24" shower pan, then reinstall my toilet turned 90 degrees, facing the shower, at the rear of the new shower pan. The tub drain will extend through the floor, and I will use a rubber pee trap from Casita ($10) then cut an inlet into the upper side of the gray water tank.

I will now have about 6'1" of standing room in a 2' x nearly 4' shower, with the toilet serving as a seat if desired. I got the design idea from my previous Casita trailer, which had an integrated shower/toilet set-up. Figure the shower pan, and new shower surround can be purchased for around $250 with pee trap and fittings bringing the total project to around $300

wineman is offline   Reply With Quote