Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Should I order my new Fun Finder with Wood Grain Cabinets or Antique Ivory Cabinets?
Wood Grain 9 45.00%
Antique Ivory 11 55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #1

Default Interior: Wood Grain Cabinets vs. Antique Ivory Cabinets

So we just ordered an F-242BDS sight unseen. When it came time to choose the color of the cabintry, I ran into a brick wall. Fun Finder has two choices: Wood Grain and Antique Ivory (white). The dealer does not have a 242BDS for us to view. They have other Fun Finders, but only ones with the wood grain interior. The dealer is advising me that Cruiser RV sells 95% of their models with the wood grain cabintry and only 5% with Antique Ivory. They are advising me against Antique Ivory in a big way. Personally, I like the look of Antique Ivory cabinets and tend to lean more towards that contemporary look. I would also imagine that the interior would be brighter. I do not want them to look "cheap". Does anyone out there have the Antique Ivory cabintry in their Fun Finder? How do you like them? Any advice on which one we should go with?

Bumpdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #2

Default Dirt

I have ivory -- it shows dirt. It is lighter in appearance than wood grain. I replaced most of the cabinets anyway with baltic birch plywood -- the stock cabinets are made of MDF covered with vinyl, very heavy and bulky. Plus I wanted to reconfigure the storage.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #3

We have the ivory, makes the interior much brighter and cleaner looking.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirZone
x2
Old 12-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
M&M

Default Antique Ivory

Our camper has what I assume is the antique ivory. We love it! It is a lot brighter inside than wood grain, and we have not had a problem with it showing dirt. Also, I would question the statement that 95% of campers come with wood grain as we have seen lots of them with the antique ivory. Maybe the ivory was more common on campers built a few years ago.
Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #6

Don't worry about what others like...it is your decision and you're the one that will live with them; pick what you like! That's why they have "options"

Personally, the DW and I prefer the "look" of real wood and not the somewhat "retro" look of the white or antique ivory. We both feel that wood grain has a "richer" look with the grain of the wood (even synthetic) showing. Feels "warmer" to us, less "cold" or "institutional" than the white. We both came from a medical background where everything is white or stainless...probably one of the reasons we see the white furniture as "institutional". But, that's just us; lots of folks out there like the white and that's cool, too!

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #7

Thanks to all that responded so far. Good point about it looking "brighter and cleaner" looking. Several of the responses I received went something like "the white looks better than the wood grain, but not in a camper." That didn't make much sense to me, so we chose to go with the white.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #8

Default white cabinetry

My cabinets still look amazing, also, I found in doing a mod to back of dinette a perfect match paint "french vanilla". The only placei I see dirt show up fast is along the inside edge at the floor so I keep pop ups of all purpose claening wipes on board it make quick work of it. Also when not using my camper from day one, I would hang a damp rid in shower...keeps excess moisture away and leaves the trailer so fresh smelling. Enjoy your campnhouse.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpdaddy
Thanks to all that responded so far. Good point about it looking "brighter and cleaner" looking. Several of the responses I received went something like "the white looks better than the wood grain, but not in a camper." That didn't make much sense to me, so we chose to go with the white.

When you get your unit, it would be nice of you to post how pleased you are with your decision.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpdaddy

When you get your unit, it would be nice of you to post how pleased you are with your decision.

Great idea. When I get the new camper, I'll post photos and share my thoughts with the forum.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #11

Photos would be great!

I've never seen one with anything but the wood grain type cabinets.

thanks
Old 02-23-2014, 04:47 AM   #12

Default Like the White

We were just looking yesterday. When we opened the 215 WSK with the white cabinets, my wife loved it! The white makes it look brighter and bigger inside. It's also the one we are leaning towards getting.
grantfam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirZone
x2
x3
Old 11-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #14

We just bought our fun finder 3 weeks ago. So, I'm new here, this is my first post. The white interior was the deciding factor in which TT we chose. I love the white cabinets!
Old 11-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #15

I'm late to the party and voted for the wood grain. When I first saw the white I liked it because it reminded me of apartments that I rented years ago. But then I thought that this wasn't what I was looking for in a camper. The wood grain in our 2015 214WSD is very rustic and actually not what I was expecting. I like the beauty of natural wood but the door panels in ours have artificial "defects" to simulate aging I guess. I love the basic wood interior but the cabinet doors all look to be a completely different color and grain which is a big turn off for me. See example in bathroom cabinet doors (they're all like this). Looks shoddy and takes away from the classy image the rest of the woodwork provides. I don't think the 2014 year models were like this.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #16

Our 2007 x139 has white cabinets and we love it that way. I have worked as a kitchen designer and find the cabinets in the Fun Finders to be classy, as opposed to many of the other brands. Of course everyone has their own likes and dislikes. That is the power of Freedom.

DUTY HONOR COUNTRY
Art