Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2015, 10:54 PM   #1

Default Is there a reason for the carpet over the storage compartmen

The storage compartment that is under the bed has carpet over the part that is accessed from outside. EXCEPT for a strip down the middle.

The previous owners had a blanket in that spot, and I'm not sure if it was to fill in the depression between the carpet pieces, or to keep cold or hot air from coming through.

I know this isn't clear, but it's hard to explain. If I can figure out how to post a picture, I think that would make it easier to understand.

Ok, I'll see if this works. You can see the carpet on either side of the bed and it continues about a foot under the bed on each side. I might be able to take a picture of that tomorrow if I can lift the mattress and take a picture at the same time, a feat that could end in disaster.

[/img]

Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #2

Here is a picture that shows the carpeted area.

I want to remove the carpet because it's really dirty at the bottom near the floor. And I also want to remove the little cabinet on top of the carpet. There might be something long that fits in there, but so far it seems pretty useless.[/img]
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote