Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #1

Default Just purchased a used x-139

Hello,

After driving 100 miles to see the unit, I wasn't satisfied with the exterior of it but end up buying it since they owner gave me a deal I couldn't resist.

It is a 2007 model, I paid 3500. The front top where it is about to curve onto the roof has some damage (it looks like somebody kicked or punched it a few times). I am thinking the previous owner drove through some tree branches. It has some leaks (minor inside). The owner had it caulked at the seam line and said the leak doesn't exist anymore. I will be testing it tonight with a hose.

Anyways I have a few questions. I played around with the control system to view the level of the water, battery, etc.

In order to run water from the shower or sink, I have to turn on the pump? If I have a water line input hooked up, I don't need to have the pump on correct?

Also, I want to test the water heater (maybe take a shower). Do I turn the switch on for a few minutes and test it? I will be running the electrical cord from my garage to the trailer.

Thanks ahead,
tntrac

tractng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Site Team

If you are hooked up to an external water source, e.g. your garden hose spigot, you don't need to run the water pump. And you don't need to have the water tank filled. If you don't have an external water connection then you'll need to have water in the fresh water tank and run the pump.

As for the water heater, it depends on which type you have. If you have a DSI gas/electric heater, then if you're connected to shore power, you can turn on the heater switch and in a few minutes you'll have hot water. If not hooked to external power, you have to have the propane turned on but the process is the same. If its a plain gas water heater you'll need to light the pilot light and have the propane turned on.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #3

Thank you LJAZ. It looks like my water heater is a DSI (there is a switch on the wall).

I flipped it on a few times but heard a sound. Hopefully, it had water so it didn't cause any damage. I will read the manual to find the location of the heater to fill water for it.

Seems like my control panel is not accurate. I filled the fresh water tank but the displays shows its empty
Old 05-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #4

Where is the heater? I want to know if the bybass is in the normal mode before I turn on the heater again.

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #5

I turned the propane and flipped the heater switched on. Took a warm shower.

If I didn't turned on the propane, my reset light next to the switch would turn on every few seconds.