Old 09-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #11

To expand on M&M's comments and in my opinion:

1. The factory mattress is one super very sorry excuse for a mattress. Get the dealer to keep it and discount the price. Then, go get a decent mattress like a Beautyrest.

2. A quality good dealer who values their reputation will check the unit closely for bugs and NOT up the price.

My dealer did a great job & only a few 'bugs' found....and his price was less than 4 other dealers.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #12

Coming from a popup bed, the mattress felt pretty good, but the main thing I noticed was the latch to push the window out is not much higher than the top of the mattress so it seems like it is limited to the width of the current mattress or it will impede the opening of the window.

I see people use memory foam topper but I don't see how that will be possible or the window won't open.

bruce3211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #13

I tried one of those memory foam toppers in the hope it would make the mattress tolerable. Nope, didn't work for me and foam is HOT to lay on.

When younger, I could sleep anyplace. But after the years passed and two back surgeries, what I sleep on is most important.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #14

Well I pulled the trigger today on a 2014 Fun finder 189FDS. I was very happy with the price I recieved at All Season RV in Muskegon, MI. I came across this name in another link in this forum and I am glad I found this dealer. I am 825 miles away, but the price was pretty incredible. I dealt with Hunter. Won't be picking it up until first week of November so I am hoping the whole process goes well. So far so good. Looking forward to further dialogue with other 189 owners.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #15

Have a 2007 Ridgeline and pulled a 2004 T189FBR Funfinder a lot with it! Good little trailer - kinda miss it! We had to get a trailer with a walk around bed as the missus is having leg issues and crawling over each other is no longer an option! I would buy another one in a heartbeat other than the "happy wife, happy life" problem. Ended up with a 2013 Radiance R22RBDS by Viewfinder which is manufactured by Cruiser RV so we stayed in the family. And, so far - I have a real happy happy wife!! Except I had to buy a Ram 1500 Hemi to pull it! Man how I suffer!
rewindgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewindgy
Have a 2007 Ridgeline and pulled a 2004 T189FBR Funfinder a lot with it! Good little trailer - kinda miss it! We had to get a trailer with a walk around bed as the missus is having leg issues and crawling over each other is no longer an option! I would buy another one in a heartbeat other than the "happy wife, happy life" problem. Ended up with a 2013 Radiance R22RBDS by Viewfinder which is manufactured by Cruiser RV so we stayed in the family. And, so far - I have a real happy happy wife!! Except I had to buy a Ram 1500 Hemi to pull it! Man how I suffer!
What was the dry weight of your 189fbr? as it sits mine will be 3300lbs
What kind of mileage did you get pulling it? at what speed?

I am pretty stoked about this little trailer. Hopefully I will be driving to Michigan to get it the 8th of November.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #17

Mine was 2400 lbs empty - it was a single axle. There isn't a real problem as they can tow up to 5000 lbs. If I stayed around 60 mph I was getting 12 - 13 mpg, anything over that and it would drop down to as low as 10 mpg. Speed and wind are everything with a trailer, it's not so much weight! The Ridgeline liked to shift a lot but you get used to it - doesn't hurt anything - it's trying to keep the motor at a good RPM is all. Do not use the cruise as that make it shift way to hard and often. On a calm day with no big hills you can cruise along at 70 and still get okay mileage - but that's only on a calm day! We kept the Ridgeline as I still think it is an awesome vehicle! As far as mileages - the Ram gets about the same except it doesn't notice anything - wind - hills - not much of anything. But it is pulling a larger trailer - 7200 lbs if fully loaded and much taller trailer. You will see that once the Ridgeline is hooked up to the Funfinder it will seem short on height! I had a guy tell me that if I put one of those wind deflector's on the roof the truck mileage would be better as the wind would hit higher up on the trailer? Never tried it but it may be worth a look! Hope you have fun with the new trailer!!!

rewindgy is offline   Reply With Quote