Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to dvdchris
Default Looking for a 139

Do you have a Fun Finder/Shadow Cruiser X or T-139? I am very interested in this camper, but have not been able to see one in person. From what I can find, only one dealer has one in Kemp, Tx, a 3.5 hr drive.
Even if yours is not up for sale, I am interested in checking one out anywhere within a 2 hour drive of Austin if you would like to help a fellow FFClub guy out.
I am planning to move into a small travel trailer and use it like a mobile efficiency apartment.
I am not ready to buy one right now, but would be in late Sept/Oct.
If you have ever owned one of these models and have input on them or my idea, please contact me, or post on this thread.
Thanks!

dvdchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #2

I have one, but mine is getting a bit long in the tooth (it's a 2005, when they had two styles...and mine is the "front kitchen" style which is not made anymore (by changing it around and putting the bed in the front , curved roof, they could put a bunk over top...thereby giving you either a tiny bunk or a good ledge or clothing,,,so my style went bye-bye). However you can see soe of hte ods I have made as I use ti for 3-4 week stays at the beach. Two places you can see my pictures are in the lightweightcamperforum.com photo album and posts, and also there are some in my Picturetrail.com album...use hte user name "sdsteele".

Yes, it is tiny but remember...ease of pulling with even a car, easy to back up and manuever, and, with gas so high, not so expensive to tug around. The new ones have added a few nice changes ...I really liked the "wardrobe" in the new one! Good luck hunting!

2005 Sun Cruiser Fun Finder X-139FK
2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L (Winston)
Cadillac Sedan de Ville V8 (Great White Whale)
obxgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #3

Susan,
Thank you for responding. I have followed your mods for quite some time and have been impressed particularly with the cabinet undershelves. Do you think the FK setup gives you more storage than the normal floorplan?
And what wardrobe are you referring to? If there is a closet with a clothes hanger, it is not found on the CruiserRV site. I can't believe they would omit what would be a HUGE selling point in this small a trailer.
I can't find closets in even most 16-18 foot trailers...
Old 06-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #4

The back wall as you walk in the door on the new ones has a "wardrobe"...two tall cabinets with a half-cabinet in between (which acts as a "dresser top" (can put a mirror there)..it is a lot more storage than on the 139FK (mine)...with those cabinets AND the bunk you'll have plenty of rooom for linens etc. No, I would prefer the newer plan rather than the FK, but the price was right on this one!

2005 Sun Cruiser Fun Finder X-139FK
2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L (Winston)
Cadillac Sedan de Ville V8 (Great White Whale)
obxgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #5

Good to know...that split cabinet rear wardrobe is pretty much the only design I see now anyway. A few were ordered with cabinets in the front instead of a bunk, but most have the bunk.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #6

Thanks to a helpful local couple, I got to check one out this last weekend.
I have to say, as cute as it is, I will have to go bigger.
Currently looking at Starcraft AR-one!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #7

Default We had 1

Jim and I had a 139 with the front dinette/bed. We loved it. But when I broke my wrist it was so hard to make the bed every night. Needless to say we sold it for a 189 FRB front bed. It is nicer to not have to make the bed every night but what I should have done was taken the time to locate a used 210 FWB. That in my opinion is the one to go. Small and nice to have the walk around bed.

marigold1953 is offline   Reply With Quote