Old 12-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #11

Default Manual Slide

We cut two lengths slightly longer than the distance from the inside wall and the edge of the slide and wedged them in the sides towards the top of the slide. Just as a precaution we also laid two more lengths on top.

CubFanMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #12

THX CubFan ..... After posting my question, I came across my two ratchet cargo bars I sometimes use in the bed of the truck ... they would likely work nicely without having to worry about surface damage from 'wedging' action. Maybe I need to pack them routinely as 'insurance'!

Example of what I'm talking about, http://www.amazon.com/Highland-19702.../dp/B0002MAB8M

THX again

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks
fischnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #13

I also received incomplete owners manuals and had the same questions about the manual override for the slideout. I called Lippert who manufactured the Schwintek InWall Slideout that was installed in my 2012 214WSD and spoke with a man named Gary Stillwell. He is extremely nice and informative and has gone out of his way to provide me with any information I've requested on Lippert components. The manual is on their website and by all means look at the YouTube video at I have had another issue with instructions for the manual override on the electric tongue jack and stabilizer jacks. No instructions, no jack handle if the motor fails or power fails. According to the instructions that Gary provided there is a manual jack handle available but my unit did not have it with it. Again Gary is tracking that down for me. I agree with some of the other posts. My unit is wonderful and I absolutely love it but the support information from Cruiser is definitely lacking.

masonlinc is offline   Reply With Quote