Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #1

Default Movin' on

We purchased a 2006 189FBR in March and tried to live with it. We lasted 6 months and could not sell it for anything near our asking price. We are experienced trailer owners who knew life shouldn't be so cramped & uncomfortable. We took the plunge and traded it in on a Tracer 205M. Wow! What a difference! So long.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #2

looked up the TRACER 205M.. nice unit. Congrats!

chuck9997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #3

All righty then.
guybmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #4

We have a '06 189FBR as well, and camp with our daughter (now 9 months) and two small dogs (6 and 11 pounds). It's a little cramped for sure, but suits us pretty well. The places we take the thing we wouldn't be able to make it if the trailer were much longer.
indieaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #5

Is size important? (talkin about campers LOL).. Its all in what you want. I am kinda in the middle on camper size. I dont spend a lot of time inside the unit.. so I don't need a mansion. However.. I do want a little spread out space at night for watching TV.. playing games.. whatever.

I am in a JAYCO 197 now.. and it works pretty good. U-shaped dinette in front.. and rear corner bed with upper bunk. Its about 19ft from bumper to hitch. Weighs 3000 lbs empty.

I would like to move up to the FF 210wbs.. not that its a bunch bigger.. but the slide really opens things up.. and I am not overly fond of my corner bed.. would really like the front walk around bed. And the 210 bathroom has closets that actually allow you to "hang up" clothes.. and the bathroom offers more leg room (when seated LOL)..

But if I never trade up.. I am ok.. When I lay down to sleep.. and its dark.. they all look the same.
chuck9997 is offline   Reply With Quote