Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2019, 11:53 PM   #1
sun

Question Need window rubber trim and refrigerator

Hi out there-
We just purchased a T139 Fun finder and it had the refrigerator replaced with a cheap electric only model. What size originally came with the T139?
Does anyone know where a reasonable priced one is for sale?

The white trim around the window has "shrank". Where can I buy replacement trim?

Also- the wiring connection looks like a christmas plug...does anyone else have a green electrical plug in the front? (I'm not talking about the green wire but rather a green "plug")

I'll try to send pictures.

Thanks for any suggestions.

sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:49 AM   #2
APD

Welcome! Another 139!
I can get you some model number info off our fridge later today if that will help.
Pictures? we love pictures here. I'll be home later and get that number for you.
Don't have a green plug. Ours comes out the side and is a 30 amp standard looking black plug.
Again welcome!

Alan

1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:30 AM   #3

Welcome, sun! Is this your first RV? Where are you located?
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:25 AM   #4
APD

Our '05 T139 has a Dometic M# RM2351.
Hope this helps. Keep us posted and, as always, we like pictures.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 03-02-2019, 07:16 PM   #5
sun

I finally was able to get back online...can't seem to keep a current password...

Thanks Alan- for the info on your refrigerator. Does it word well?
We are thinking of going solar to power the refrigerator after seeing what they are selling for online.
Have you been happy with your T139? I read some posts that stated that the axle is too small.
We also have an extended "tray" in the back with a trailer hitch that looks like it was factory installed- yet I see some online that don't have the tray.
So we are curious if we can put an aluminum box on the tray.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:23 PM   #6
sun

That's a funny question. We have RV'd 43 years now and have had 12 units. We thought this little rv reminded us of our 1969 Serro Scotty. This is our 4th travel trailer- I actually full-timed for 4 years in a 19' Concord in the early 1970s. I had towed that Concord from Ohio to Washington state, to San Diego, and cross country to North Carolina before trading it in on a mobile home. We bought our daughter a 23' Wanderer to go to college and not need to be in a dorm. We have also had 3 truck campers, 3 class 'Cs' and currently have our 39' diesel pusher for sale- so we went from 39'10" to 14'. Now that is DOWNSIZING!
Old 03-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #7
APD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
I finally was able to get back online...can't seem to keep a current password...

Thanks Alan- for the info on your refrigerator. Does it word well?
We are thinking of going solar to power the refrigerator after seeing what they are selling for online.
Have you been happy with your T139? I read some posts that stated that the axle is too small.
We also have an extended "tray" in the back with a trailer hitch that looks like it was factory installed- yet I see some online that don't have the tray.
So we are curious if we can put an aluminum box on the tray.
The refrigerator works well on shore power. We have never used it on propane. It makes the usual long cool down time but then maintains very well. I installed a couple of fans in the upper exhaust grille to help it discard the heat and that has been a big help.
Our axle is the Dexter TorqFlex type (non-leaf spring). I did some research and talked to Dexter after it began to wear the trailer tires on the inside tread. The axle was rated (by Dexter) at 2200# max. Shadow Cruiser ordered it with extra rubber in the torsion part to up the rating to 2500#. Still not to the 3000# GVWR advertised by SC. The axle is a size 09 but was ordered by SC with the size 10 spindles and brakes. That made upgrading to 3500# very easy as Dexter already had all the info to build a size 10 with the proper dimensions to bolt up and the brakes fit right back in place. It was easy but I wish SC had put the heavier rated axle under it in the first place. I understand most 139's were leaf spring. I haven't heard of any problems with those.
Yes we love our little rig. It's our first TT as we are old van campers. Compared to a campervan we feel like we have tons of room. One reason we have made many of the changes we have is because we like it so well and intend to hang on to it for a few more years. Ours is a FK or front kitchen model which allows us to leave the rear sleeping area in twin bed mode all the time and use the beds as seating benches during the day.

Alan

The FK model floor plan:
Attached Thumbnails
2-6-11-2.JPG  
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 03-05-2019, 11:57 AM   #8
APD

On ours the rear frame does not extend to the the rear of the trailer making a rear bumper or tray not possible without adding some steel extensions to the frame rails.
I did mount a 5" square PVC tube for hose storage to the rear but that was bolted thru the rear floor with some inside reinforcements. With the rear beds, our floor area in the rear is a storage area and easy to access.

Alan
Attached Thumbnails
20180711_153528.jpg  
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 03-05-2019, 08:09 PM   #9
sun

I think our TT139 has the leaf springs. Do you know the rating on them? Can more leaf's be added...or does it need more? Where did you find the mfg. info of your axle?

Our TT139 has the little bunk and we can sit beneath the bunk at the table. Will most likely keep linens on the bunk and make up the table every night to sleep.

As you may have read in the last post- we have downsized from a 39'10" diesel pusher to this little TT139. We basically just need a sleeper with a toliet so this might do us well. We will be pulling the TT139 with a 2018 Dodge caravan...so we had to go light.

Sure hope to find out axle weight for our specific trailer. On our diesel pusher- we could call the factory with the vin # and they told us anything we wanted to know. I wonder if this TT is the same?

The TT came with new tires so I'm going to check the spare to see if there are any signs of uneven wear. Seems you suggested that- uneven tires signified an axle issue.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:56 AM   #10
APD

Talking

Yeah I believe that qualifies as downsizing!!
My guess is that having much, much smaller tanks is gonna be tough. But having the flexibility to pick and choose among some of the smaller sites will be nice. Sometimes, when traveling the smaller and quieter sites are in the back where motorhomes fear to thread......

I wouldn't worry about the leaf spring set-up. I don't know anything about the leaf springs but in all the research I did for our torsion setup I never heard of anyone having any trouble with those leaf axles at all. The Professor knows more about 'em.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 03-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #11
Site Team

The details on your axle should be stamped into it somewhere. Not sure if it will show the weight rating, but it should at least have a model number that you can get details on from the manufacturer. Most likely the axle will have been made by Dexter like APD's, but it could also have come from Lippert.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #12

For what it's worth, we upgraded to 3500 lb axles because we tow on rocky forest roads. We upgraded the leaf springs to heavy duty for the same reason. We even added shocks, with beefy neoprene bushings.

Also extra heavy Load Range D Endurance tires.

My mechanic took a look at our little trailer with all this heavy running gear and said "it looks like a Chihuahua puppy wearing hiking boots!"
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:24 PM   #13
sun

Oh we got a real good laugh on this... we actually DO have a chihuahua.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:30 PM   #14
sun

I cannot get pictures to post...why? I got them on a "new" thread but not here.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:33 PM   #15
APD

Are you using the manage attachment button?
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 03-07-2019, 11:20 PM   #16
sun

Default Adding pictures

I am going to try to post pictures again...I chose 'advanced' this time and the menu came back below this message. Last time I chose the icon with a 'mountain' but couldn't get the picture to "view"

Okay- I think this time you can see the problem I have with the window trim. Where can I buy this trim?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6189.jpg   IMG_6180.jpg  
Old 03-08-2019, 07:55 AM   #17
APD

Try here:
https://rv.steelerubber.com/windows

You can search thru the site and compare drawings/dimensions/cross sections of their products with your existing trim. They may have just what you are looking for.
Good luck.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 03-11-2019, 08:54 AM   #18

Thanks for your post Sun and for your link Alan, I'm also on the hunt for window trim for our T139. They haven't shrunk but they are mildew stained and look to be close to having dry rot.
2011 Ford Expedition XLT
RantucketT139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #19
APD

Our windows are the jalousie pane (crank open) windows. Based on all the info I can find '05 was the last year they were used.
We really like them. If it rains we can leave them open.

Alan
Attached Thumbnails
20180722_120327.jpg  

1994 GMC Camper Van,

Tags
refrigerator, window trim