Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #1

Default Only 7 days left

Only 7 days left before my camper get put into inside storage for the winter months....and I won't see it again until around mid March.

Once it's moved out of the driveway and into storage, every time I look out the kitchen window, it won't be there.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #2

I've got an outing with mine next week to Las Vegas...then another one to Yosemite in early November...and one more on Thanksgiving weekend to Glen Helen Raceway. Then it'll likely sit in the parking lot until next Spring, when I head out on my annual Summer tour.

guybmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:30 AM   #3

It's generally just a tad warmer in California during the winter months than it is over here in the Dakotas.

However, I would certainly miss the winter months and the snow. There is nothing more enjoyable than the changing seasons as each brings something different with it.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
It's generally just a tad warmer in California during the winter months than it is over here in the Dakotas.

However, I would certainly miss the winter months and the snow. There is nothing more enjoyable than the changing seasons as each brings something different with it.

Hey, we have four seasons. They're called green, brown, brown, and black.

I enjoyed South Dakota this summer. It's in here somewhere...

http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Guy...014/entry/3917

That makes five laps around the country with my trailer. Another lap or so and I'll have it paid off. But it's paid for itself many times over already.
guybmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybmoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle

Hey, we have four seasons. They're called green, brown, brown, and black.

I enjoyed South Dakota this summer. It's in here somewhere...

http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Guy...014/entry/3917

That makes five laps around the country with my trailer. Another lap or so and I'll have it paid off. But it's paid for itself many times over already.

Agree on the seasons in CA as have been there many times.

Your summer tour sounds/looks fantastic. Been to some of the places on your tour too. Traveling America there is lots to see. And been to the Black Hills many, many times and have hikes some in the Hills and in the Badlands. The beauty of nature cannot be copied.

Thanks for the photo tour!
Old 10-09-2014, 04:10 AM   #6

Yeah, I have only one trip left. So sad that I'll have to wait until April to be back out.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #7

Well, this morning I hooked on and took my XT 276 to the storage area where the workers will move it inside the building shared with other campers.

It's won't be seen again until next spring.....but will have company and be snug inside and out of the winter weather and snow.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:59 AM   #8

It is sad, isn't it?

When mine gets out of the shop (Saturday), I'll tuck it away in its new garage home, and when I take it out again, the 1-year warranty will be over and all its problems will be on my nickel.

But darn - I still love that little trailer...

What does this Forum do all winter - tell stories of trips past and trips future? Pics of mods? Or just all-out withdrawal?
Old 10-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellep
What does this Forum do all winter - tell stories of trips past and trips future? Pics of mods? Or just all-out withdrawal?
Well not to rub it in... but since you asked. It's getting to the time of year that I don't need to run the AC all night! Today's high will be 89! Even during January - February it might occasionally drop down below freezing for a couple hours overnight but be back up in the 60's during the day. That's why you will never see a post from me on any winterizing questions. I've got zero experience with it.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ
...Well not to rub it in... but since you asked. It's getting to the time of year that I don't need to run the AC all night! Today's high will be 89! Even during January - February it might occasionally drop down below freezing for a couple hours overnight but be back up in the 60's during the day. That's why you will never see a post from me on any winterizing questions. I've got zero experience with it.
.................................................. .................
Old 10-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ
...Well not to rub it in... but since you asked. It's getting to the time of year that I don't need to run the AC all night! Today's high will be 89! Even during January - February it might occasionally drop down below freezing for a couple hours overnight but be back up in the 60's during the day. That's why you will never see a post from me on any winterizing questions. I've got zero experience with it.
.................................................. .................

Old 10-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #12

Quote:

Surf the internet for mods and accessories to spend money on!!

PS: Just bought one of those collapsable 12.5 foot ladders and my unit is already in winter storage.