Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
TCP

Default Potential Owner - New member

Hello, New member here. My family is interested in a X-189FDS. We are trying to get a feel for the market in western Canada and was hoping for some feedback here. New or slightly used would be fine.

We are two adults and two small boys (5 and 3) and currently have a 2005 Bantam F-18 hybrid. Putting out the tent ends as well as the noise and cold from them has pushed us towards replacing the hybrid with an enclosed trailer. After much searching, the only real floorplan we like, can park at home and pull with our tow vehicle is the 189 FDS.

Any known issues with this model? What should we be paying for in Canadian funds? I'd be willing to travel to pick one up at a reasonable price if the local dealer isn't up for negotiation. Any information from other owners is appreciated.

TCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Site Team

I don't think there are any issues specific to any particular model. While a few people have posted about some issues, they appear to be random. And in some cases more from poor prep at the dealer. I've had very good luck with mine.

As for pricing I suggest doing some internet searches to see what prices dealers are offering. When I was shopping I looked at pricing all across the US even though I knew I wasn't going to go cross country to buy one. Check Ebay & Craigs List as well. There are several websites like rvtraderonline and rvtrader.net

Good luck with your search!

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #3

call Hunter at www.allseasonsrv.com, we bought ours from him in michigan, he gave us the lowest price and awesome service and he sells and deilvers into canada.
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #4

Default potential owner

With two children, you may wish you looked at the 21'. No appreciable difference in weight. We have owned a 189FBS for two full season now. We are quite satisfied, particularly with towability (Chevy Trailblazer). Our only regret is that we did not go slightly larger. I suspect with two children, the 189 can quickly become tight quarters. A larger bathroom and walkaround queen would also be very desirable to us. It is well to remember once you sign on the dotted, the trailer is yours. There is no going back. Comments about PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) are well taken. Many of them are inadequately done, and the new owner is left to pick up the flaws. Then it is the inconvenient march back and forth to the dealer to get done what should have been done initially. Insist on a thorough PDI, whatever you buy.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote