Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2017, 11:17 AM   #1

Default Problem with hot water and shower diverter

Just bought my 2008 FFX. It's my first RV. Love it so far on this short test trip close to home.

Problem 1: couldn't get hot water to the taps but since found a similar problem on a posted thread about one of the valves and that seems to have since fixed the problem. But any other comments that could also be related to this problem would be appreciated.

Problem 2: the fridge doesn't seem to light (it has the auto feature to switch between electrical and gas). I hear the ignition attempt to light once and then nothing. I do not hear the fridge running but food does seem to be cold. That should be enough of an indicator that it is working but how can I confirm for sure?

Problem 3: the diverter on the bathroom taps to divert the water to the shower head won't stay in the up/on position. I've tried to jam something underneath it to temporary hold in in the up/on position but that doesn't work. Sure would be nice to have a hot shower...any suggestions? I may be showering with the outside shower...

Thanks in advance!
John

Dngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #2

I think your fridge is working! After it ignites, it is silent. Do you have it on "auto?" If so, the only light that will light is the auto light. The auto setting will run the fridge on electricity if you are on hookups and on gas if you have no external power.

If you push the gas button, it will only run on gas, not on power.

If it is running on gas but there is a problem, the check light will come on. You may hear it periodically clicking, trying to light.

I don't have any suggestions about the shower diverter -- my trailer does not have one of those. Maybe try this -- loop a cable tie around the hose, not real tight. Then slip it over the diverter lever to hold it in place. Then take it off when you are done showering.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote