Old 01-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #1

Default Purchase dabate on FF XT276

Considering purchase of a new XT276 Toy Hauler to be pulled with an 04 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7 hemi, AT w/tow package ... tow rating at 7,600 lbs.
Will have to add tow mirrors but do I need an equalizer hitch? I've read alot about them and understand their purpose. Any opinions on the XT276 from owners? Likes, dislikes, etc.
Have never owned any type of RV before so any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Yes, you will definetely need a weight distribution hitch, and probably one with sway control. Lot's of brands out there to choose from.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #3

You are right about there being so many brands and selections available for a WD hitch.

I'm thinking a 1,000 lb one would work but have no idea what brand with so many choices.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #4
Site Team

I think most of the brands will do an adequate job. The brochure lists the tongue weight of the X276 at 870 lbs so you will need one with at least 1000 lb capacity. You will probably want sway control as well. Check out www.etrailer.com they carry several different manufacturers so you can do some comparison shopping and they have some guidance that helpful in making a choice.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #5

Thanks for the advise and source.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #6

I think you will really enjoy the 276. We have the 275, which is basically the same unit with modifications to the floor plan. I pull it with a 08 Tundra 4x4 and it tows like a dream. Towed once without weight distribution hitch and sway control and will not do that again. If price is not the main issue for selecting a trailer, check out the new Rubicon 2900 by Dutchman. We just saw it at the FL RV supershow and fell in love with it. I hate to pick something over fun finder but this unit was very similar but more plush and the best floorplan I've seen for a toy hauler yet. Downside is I don't think it's worth the $45K MSRP. Good luck on your seach and purchase
Old 01-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuc71
I think you will really enjoy the 276. We have the 275, which is basically the same unit with modifications to the floor plan. I pull it with a 08 Tundra 4x4 and it tows like a dream. Towed once without weight distribution hitch and sway control and will not do that again. If price is not the main issue for selecting a trailer, check out the new Rubicon 2900 by Dutchman. We just saw it at the FL RV supershow and fell in love with it. I hate to pick something over fun finder but this unit was very similar but more plush and the best floorplan I've seen for a toy hauler yet. Downside is I don't think it's worth the $45K MSRP. Good luck on your seach and purchase
Hi,
Great to lean you enjoy your 275 and no problems. I like that.

I just looked up the Rubicon 2900 on the net. I won't spend $45K on a toy hauler although it is very nice.

For my part time use, the price of the FF 276 is pushing it from a strictly financial investment position. If I were a full timer, it would be different.

Additionally the dry weight of 8,958 is to heavy for my tow unit so not in the running - at least for me but thank you for offering another option to see.

Best
Old 01-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuc71
Hi,
Great to lean you enjoy your 275 and no problems. I like that.

I just looked up the Rubicon 2900 on the net. I won't spend $45K on a toy hauler although it is very nice.

For my part time use, the price of the FF 276 is pushing it from a strictly financial investment position. If I were a full timer, it would be different.

Additionally the dry weight of 8,958 is to heavy for my tow unit so not in the running - at least for me but thank you for offering another option to see.

Best
I agree with not spending the $45K. That's why it's not in my drive but it sure is nice. We have been contempating trading up to the 276 since the dinette vs. the couch is great but not sure if it's worth the money to trade. I have done a lot of little mods I would loose out on. Most likely the 275 will die with me...lol
Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #9

Yup, know how that goes too. There was another brand the wife really liked - more money of course - but to heavy for a 1/2 ton & wasn't ready to spend $40,000 to slip up to a 3/4 ton. Just have to live with what one can afford....and be happy.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #10

Default Update on your 276?

Hi.

I'm also looking at purchasing the ff xtra 276, the toy hauler I think.

Did you buy it yet? How was it? How's the towing? I have a gmc 2005 Sierra Denali and the tow rating is 8100/13000.

Where did you buy it? Where do you think you found the best price?

Thanks!

Porkchop1221 is offline   Reply With Quote