Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #1

Default Questions about the Shadow Cruiser

I am about to buy a new Shadow Cruiser 195WBS. I can't find anything about the insulation used in these RVs. Also, because the 195 has a slide, I was wondering if one can get to the fridge with the slide still in ?
Also, anyone familiar with Susquahanna RV in Pa., I can't seem to find out much about the dealership ?

Thanks for your help.
Tom

Mysterest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #2

Wow, I just did a google search for Problems with Shadow Cruiser and did I find many. Roaming times has a full page of people with complaints about the Shadow Cruisers that they owned. Mostly water problems and a few roof issues. Please, I am reaching out for some support from the group. I hope that is is not the norm and there are plenty of Shadow Cruiser owners that have no problems.
If it IS a cheeply made camper, like I've read in RV itch and a few other blogs, I'll gladly move on and spend more for a better brand name.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #3

You only hear the negative. More people complain than praise.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #4

My concern is because the nearest Dealership is 3 1/2 hours drive. I owned a used Pop Up for several years that never had any issues, but I never did ask the first owner if he had any problems.
Anyone know if Cruisers RV will let you bring a warranty issue to an independent RV shop closer to home ?
Old 09-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #5

We have the 195wbs,and we have had no issues what so ever.
There are always a few little thing in any rv that you don't like, for instance I hate the sofabed in the slide, it is hard and not comfy. but then we learned to live with it, when we camp we are always outside, we use the trailer mainly for sleeping, fridge and bathroom.

When the slide is in you will have great access to the fridge and bathroom. the only thing you can't access is the cuboard above the little counter.

One other thing that I didn't like what cruiser rv did is put those cheap Chinese crap tires on them, after 2 years they were cracked to crap. so we replaced those with radial tires and the trailer tows 10x better.

to sum it up we love our 195wbs, and no problems what so ever, our trailer is from 2010.
jeepcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:21 AM   #6

We have the 225 RBS and we have not had any problems with it other than the shower stall leaked a bit. I believe it just wasn't sealed enough at the factory. I have sealed all the corners and we seem to be good now!

I had spoke with a salesperson from Susquhanna RV when I was looking at the Fun Finders and Shadow Cruisers. The salesperson never called me back. I'm not sure where you are from in PA but we purchased ours from Dianne at Indian Valley Camping Center in Souderton Pa. I've known Dianne a long time and was happy with the purchase and service.

Rob
2006 Dodge Durango Hemi
Palmerton Pa
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #7

We bought our Shadow Cruiser 260qbs last summer brand new. There have been a couple of issues with it but most we have fixed on our own. Our biggest problem was our tires. After only owning this trailer for a little over a year our tires were shot. All 4 had bad tread wear so we had to replace them all. We were told it could be one of 2 things, one was the cheap tires they used and/or the axle being installed improperly. We didn't buy our cruiser locally as we got a better deal in MI and were told that if we ever had problems and it was under warranty Cruiser RV would find a local shop to service it. They were great with us in the beginning of this process but were told that in the Cruiser RV company there is ONE man who is in charge of all warranty problems so it can take some time in getting things done. It has been a couple of weeks for us and we are still waiting to hear the answers we are waiting for but I am holding out hope.
Jeeplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #8

Just remember... Only those with problems, whether the manufacturer caused them or their own lack of knowledge about the systems, vent on the internet. You'll never hear or see "praise" for systems or rigs that work just fine or are owned by folks that know that they are going to have problems...and every manufacturer makes rigs that have problems, doesn't matter the maker or the price point. Do a search on "Prevost problems" and you'll find a boatload despite their, arguably, being one of the best makers out there.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #9

A big" Thank You" to all of you who posted. I'm waiting for the dealership to call me back, but I'm in no rush. I've kept looking, but this weight and floorplan are just right for my siutation. I'll make sure the dealer knows that I expect to go through everything before I drive it off the lot.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
LG

Send a message via AIM to LG

I just bought a 2002 model T160 in August. Only things I can find wrong with it so far are due to lack of, and poorly done, repairs and maintenance by the previous owners. And even that hasn't been too bad. All in all it's about as solid as I'd expect an aluminum sheathed wooden box built out of 2x2's to be.

The low weight is what sold me, The T160 is only 17' overall from the coupler to the rear wall and comes in at about 1400 lbs. dry I think. I have a Toyota Tacoma V6 with the towing package. It's a good TV but not a heavy duty unit by any means so I had to be mindful of how much I was putting back there. And it tows nicely - haven't needed any stabilizer or weight distribution add-ons and with the shorter length I've fit it into some pretty dinky campsites too. I guess you can't even get a 13' trailer from RV Cruiser new anymore. Shortest I see on their website now is 18'.

But I do understand that low weight means they don't use steel I-beams to build it either. So that's a bit of a trade off. Other than that the brakes, wiring, fridge, heater, hot water heater, AC, pump, plumbing, water tanks, lights, awning, lp detector, smoke detector and converter all work 100%. Only thing I had to replace was the CO detector. Not working but so old I would've replaced it even if it was. I think someone replaced the awning once because it has a sticker from a local company on it. And I put new tires on it - it still had the originals and the guys at Discount Tire wouldn't touch 'em and advised to replace the tires regardless after 10 years old. Otherwise I don't have any reason to believe the rest of the stuff is not original.

It's my first one and I'm happy with it.
LG
Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr short bed towing pkg
LG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #11

Default Happy Shadow Cruiser Owner!!

We bought our first Shadow Cruiser from a dealership 9 hours away a year ago. Just make sure you give it a good looking over. We choose the 225RBS because we felt it had the best layout for us from any manufacture. There has been a few minor issues that we have come across but nothing that I haven't been able to deal with myself at a minimal cost. A couple of bad pex fittings near the hot water tank, some loose trim and the stove top needed some tweaking to fit proper and snug. Like others I've done my share of changes and mods with it but overall the first summer with it went good. This is our 3rd camper and they all have had their own issues.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another just make sure to look it over well and test the systems out at the dealership when they do their walk through. We plan on keeping ours for a few years.

MB Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote