Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2014, 10:01 PM   #1

Default Seems like this is a very slow forum !!

Seems like no body is ever on here during the winter months !!!

I go on other forums like heartland and forest river and seems like a lot more going on everyday . Is it just that there are not many fun finders out there ??

Have a merry Christmas everyone !!!

Old 12-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
Site Team

A combination of not many FunFinders and people focused on the holidays I guess. Seems like the spam outnumbers the valid posts.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #3

I'm on about half a dozen forums and some fluctuate a bit at times but none of them are as dead as this one. I've wondered the same thing as securityman but the part that confuses me the most is that anytime I'm on, there are at least a dozen "visitors" reading stuff here but never more than one or two registered users. For a site with so little dialog, it sure gets a lot of outside attention

Old 12-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #4

First ~ wishing all a very Blessed and Merry Christmas.

Second ~ here in the "northern USA" it's below zero and our Fun Finders are put away for the winter no not much to converse about.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #5

Default Other reasons

There are a couple of other reasons that this forum is slow -- first, if there is a general RV or trailering question, most folks go to rv.net -- a much wider readership, so more possible answers. If I have a Fun Finder specific question, this is the forum I go to. (There is also a Yahoo forum, but it is sadly dying since Yahoo changed the format to make it harder to use.)

Also, the RV.net forum is much easier for the posting of pictures and links -- no need for HTML code, which can get tricky. The "canned" html buttons on this forum do not work reliably.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #6

Our first travel trailer was a T@B teardrop. While we found it to be poorly built and too small for our needs, the dedicated T@B forum was filled with a very active community who shared lots and lots of information of all types, regardless of time of year. I really felt like I knew people and in fact did connect with a few at rallies and became friends in the true sense. We are still honorary members and still attend some of the T@B rallies. I personally like to see information (pictures/video links) relating to good places to camp as determined by others with first hand experience.

They also had a very large presence on the Yahoo branch which has also disintegrated somewhat for the reasons profdant139 has stated.

I'm also a member of 3 other RV sites but ironically, have never been to RV.net so I guess I'll have something to do today

Old 12-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #7

Default Others?

Neil, which other forums do you like?

Also, when you get to rv.net, you will find that some of the discussion groups are very friendly, and some are not. I personally like the Boondocking, Trailer, Truck Camper, Do it Yourself, RV Parks, Roads, and Canada forums. Some of the others (most notably Tow Vehicles) tend to get involved in some contentious discussions, which I have never understood.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #8

Hey Dan,

I'm still a member on the T@B and Tiny Teardrop N Trailer forums although I don't go there very often anymore. Also, I go to one called RVForum.net which may just be the one you are referring to as RV.net. Then there's the Escapees forum and the Good Sam forum as well.

Sometimes the smaller sites are best as they are a tighter community and easier to navigate. I had joined the new Ram Eco Diesel forum and learned lots of useful information since I'm new to diesel power but left due to it becoming an ongoing argument as to whether or not people's reported mileage figures were accurate or not

Here's a few links that i use ....

http://forums.goodsamclub.com/

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?s...b&showforum=11

http://tab-rv.com/community/

http://www.tnttt.com/

Old 12-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #9

I've thought about that too. I wonder if it would help if it were relaunched as a "Cruiser RV" forum with sections for the different brands. I realize that many people post on here that have Viewfinders, Enterras, etc. but it might help if it were reformatted as a Cruiser RV forum like Heartland, Forest River, Open Range, etc.
Samron68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samron68
I've thought about that too. I wonder if it would help if it were relaunched as a "Cruiser RV" forum with sections for the different brands. I realize that many people post on here that have Viewfinders, Enterras, etc. but it might help if it were reformatted as a Cruiser RV forum like Heartland, Forest River, Open Range, etc.
This is a pretty good idea. The maintenance, technical and model specific info could come under the specific "family (brand) names while the more general information (travel, campgrounds, accessories etc.) could be listed in a general topic area. It would still be just as easy to navigate the Fun Finder section but might expand the general section due to increased membership across all brands of the Cruiser RV family.

What I said previously about outside interest ... currently, I am the only registered member in here, but there are 9 "guests" lurking around. It could be that they are people from the other brands in the Cruiser family ???