Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #1

Default Shadow Cruiser 225 RBS

Just ordered a 2013 Shadow Cruiser 225 RBS. We are special ordering this unit because we are replacing the U-Shaped Dinette with the Sofa and Free Standing Table. This unit has a lot of storage and counter space. Expect to take delivery in early August. Will post how we like the new Cruiser!

2006 Dodge Durango Hemi
Palmerton Pa
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #2

Got our new Shadow Cruiser 225RBS last week. Took it out for our first weekend and all went well. Cruiser RV did a real nice job replacing the U-Shaped Dinette with the Sofa. They put a small shelf on each end of the sofa to fill in the extra space. They also changed the 2013 models and the front and back are now gray instead of white. Looks sharp! I'd post some pictures but I don't know how to on this forum.

We had the dealer add electric to the hot water heater and a power tongue jack since Cruiser RV does not offer those options on the Shadow Cruisers and we went with a manual awning instead of the power awning. We use the awning in the patio setting and put up a fence so that our 3 (and sometimes 4) pups don't have to be on leashes!

Any suggestions on mounting toilet paper holder and towel bars easily?

2006 Dodge Durango Hemi
Palmerton Pa
Old 08-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #3

Glad all went well with your mods. Sounds like a nice setup. We went to Wally World and found a TP holder and towel rack that both hang over the door. Well, the towel rack does and the TP holder hangs on the vanity door right next to the potty. Works great for us.
Kansas City, MO
Neil.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #4

Default Durango for towing

Rob how has the past year been. We emailed a couple times last December prior to us buying our 225RBS. Thanks to you and others we made a purchase and had a great summer with it. No regrets with our purchase.

We are thinking of changing up tow vehicles from a Avalanche back to an SUV and were wondering how you find the Durango for towing. I know there is no issue with the power I'm just curious how you find the shorter wheelbase for bounce and sway, we are using a WDH of course.

Mike
MB Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #5

Hi Mike,

Nice to hear from you again. Glad that you had a good year with your rig. We had a good camping season too.

Funny that you ask about going back to an SUV. I am thinking that I might want to go to a truck! Thinking about the longer wheelbase on a full size truck.

I do have some sway and I thought that maybe my friction sway control was going bad. On the way to my last camping trip I stopped at a dealer and purchased a new one. Seemed a bit better and I still need to make sure the new one is set properly. I will work on that in the spring.

As for bounce....the Shadow Cruiser is a much smoother tow than my Sunline was. I really do not feel any bounce.

Hope you have a good winter and happy and safe holidays.

Rob
2006 Dodge Durango Hemi
Palmerton Pa
Old 12-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #6

Rob I appreciate your feedback, its great getting real life information. We had a V6 4Runner that we used with our first 19', 3000lb trailer. I never had a concern with handling and seldom was power an issue. Then we stepped up to the 225RBS over last winter and I became concerned how the 4Runner would handle an extra 4' and 1500lbs so we bought the V8 Avalanche. We are happy with out towing setup and I was hoping for a mpg improvement while towing but it turned out to be not all that much, went from about 9 mpg to 11 at best. The only real complaint is that Theresa doesn't like the larger size for her everyday running around town and that got me thinking about SUV's again. That's when I remember your setup with he Durango as its one of the long WB SUV's without going to a Suburban or Expedition. I'll have to do some closer looking over the winter and obviously get the bosses opinion.

Thanks again for the reply. I'll let you know if we make a change back to an SUV.

Happy holidays and all the best.

Mike

MB Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote