Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2015, 05:44 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to tpndrcn
Default Should I buy a Shadow Cruiser S-280QBS?

I currently have the opportunity to purchase a 2013 Shadow Cruiser S280QBS for what I believe is a good price and I want some actual opinions on whether they are a quality trailer or not. I have read the reviews on the axles and checked with the owner and it currently has the 3500# axles but no uneven tire wear to speak of yet. How much is are the new axles to replace assuming I can do it myself? So should I risk buying this model or look at others? I currently have a family of five with a baby on the way and really like all the features this offers but don't want to spend a lot money on something that won't last. Thanks

tpndrcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:27 PM   #2

I have no info on that specific model, but I and others have been happy with Cruiser's overall quality. There have been some warranty issues with new trailers, but the company is good about taking care of them. In terms of durability, I think the Cruiser product is as good as any, and better than some.

Are you looking at a fiberglass trailer with aluminum studs, or an aluminum trailer with wooden studs? The new fiberglass units are great -- the walls are a sandwich, with foam on the inside -- well insulated and solid. I have a 2012 X-139 in that style, and so far it is holding up very well, even though we have done a lot of rough traveling in the last three seasons.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to tpndrcn

Come on guys/girls no one has one of these?
tpndrcn is offline   Reply With Quote