Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #1
roy

Default Talladega GP

Spent July 26/27 there riding and practicing with STT. FunFinder didn't have to many issues. AC struggles in the extreme southern heat. Fan comes on and off at times with compressor still humming. Odd that I've had this checked numerous times and no problem found. Breakers get very warm with AC on all day just to keep it 74 degrees inside, 94/98 outside moderate humidity.

Our pit stall

This toy hauler layout has to be one of the best ever though out. Just wish it was a little better built. We will be back at this exact spot in 3 weeks for the Wera Mid Central round at Talladega GP.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #2

Looks good. I have a much smaller trailer and the AC works fine for it...but I wouldn't want to try and cool the big one you have with it.

I'm back from my summer tour, and it's parked at the moment. I have one more run to do (L.A. to Salt Lake City/Boise and back), and need to figure out a fun spot to have a long weekend run with my girlfriend.

guybmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
roy

I think the AC is undersized. 13.5 unit is not enough with heat above the 90s and no floor insulation. A 15 unit would probably work better. It only becomes an issue in heat above 90 or in the 90s for extended time. It will run continuously and yet cool air is coming out if the vents

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote