Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2009, 05:41 AM   #1

Default Toy Hauler Fun Finder Xtra XT 200

Hello,

My husband and I have been looking at toy hauler trailers.

We came across the Fun Finder Xtra XT 200 and it looks like the best deal out there. Also looks like its build very well and we like the floor plans and options.

Does anyone out there have one of the Fun Finder Xtra toy haulers?

Where do you like aboout it? What do you NOT like about it? Any problems or flaws? Please let us know...very curious!

Paula in Georgia

Old 05-29-2009, 06:58 AM   #2

Welcome paula! I don't remember anyone on this forum with the toy hauler version. I can say from a Travel Trailer Perspective, these are great trailers with no major issues. If you do purchase the xt200, give us a run down on its features and equipment.

Good Luck!!

Equalizer Hitch
2011 Nomad 206
Panasonic/Pioneer/Kicker ~ Audio/Video System
Days Camped /2009 / 33
keyser soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:22 AM   #3

Default Thanx

Hey Alan, Thanx for the info...
I will keep checking back ...hopefuly SOMEONE will come up with a Xtra XT 200! We can't be the ONLY people that want one or have one! I will keep you posted on what we get and how we like it!
Happy Camping
Paula in Georgia!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:07 PM   #4

Paula,

I've been thinking of getting a light weight toyhauler also, and have been considering the XT-190 and the XT-205 models as well as the Outback 230RKS. The things I want are for it not to seem like a utility trailer with living quarters folding down. The problems I see with the Fun Finders is that there aren't many dealers a reasonable distance from me that have either model, nor do I see many used units for sale (and I'd prefer a used one if possible). Since I'm not in a hurry to buy, these aren't huge issue. But if you get any feedback I'd love to hear what you find out.

Tom
Hokie_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #5

Default Fun Finder XT 200

I bought a 2008 XT 200 last fall. we have made only 2 short trips. 1 with and 1 with out the motorcycle. I have a Harley Road Glide for the toy. The trailer pulls good with and with out the bike. I pull with a 2004 F150 with a 4.6 with a 6000 lb load litimit. I have had some small water leaks, one from a roof vent, easy repair. 2nd leak was on the side, vent cover for the refridge. The last problem was the wire for the swich for the bed. Replaced the wire from the bed to the switch and now works great. The bike load and unloads great and the layout works great for my wife and myself. The dealer I bought from went out of bussiness befor I recived my title, but the factory realy steped up and took great care of me with hellp on the title. They also replaced the out door gas grill that was missing. I really like the look of the unit, the lay out for 2 is great and we are looking foward to many night camping and some great rides
tonhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #6

Default XT200

Hey Tonhop,

We have 2007 Ford F-150 with the tow package and has a v8 5.4L engine. Ours has a 9200 limit. My husband's bike is a 1968 Triumph Bonneville and weighs about 400 lbs.

I am guessing you bought your trailer new. We are looking at used.
Just wonder how the dealer will be if we need to get anything fixed.

I wondered about that electric bed... just more stuff to go wrong! Glad it worked out for you. Happy to know that Cruiser RV backs their products.

I really don't care too much for the grill..the mount outside right up against the trailer. I have a small gas grillI can take along.

We looked at a Coachman Blast 210... but it has no cabinet doors or sink in the bathroom. That's what I like about the XT200.

Also want to look at the Forest River, Cherokee "Grey Wolf"
very similar to the XT200.

Thanx for the info... have foun camping and riding!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #7

My wife and i puchased a 2009 XT 200 and like it very well. It tows well empty and fully loaded with water generaters, gas, a sporty, and an flhtcui.
It did have some minor problems though, albiet mostly cosmetic. The sound system was wired incorrectly from the factory not allowing the outside and inside speakers to be shut off individually. When I went back to the dealership, they had 2 xt200's an xt240 and a xt190 that were all like that. I really like the floor plan and the queen bed that folds up into a couch is fairly comfortable to sleep on. I also like the grill very well
and i was skepticle at first, but it cooks very good. The outside of the grill
does not get that hot and that was my worry

There are some things i don't care for though. The sewer hose storage is useless. I ended up making my own out of vinyle fence post cover and gutter. The diamond plate at the bottom of the trailer is braced very poorly and i will end up doing a better job myself after this season. There
is not enough outside storage and i cannot figure out any use for the rack on the front except to hold the battery thats there already.(website says "removable" )

All in all i like it very much! Its by far the best looking,lightest and best laid out one we found in its class.

jandk is offline   Reply With Quote