Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #1

Default Trying To Get info On Older FF Toy Haulers

Are any of you folks familiar with the older Fun Finder toy haulers? I've seen some in the 2004 - 2008 era and they look pretty cool. We are just now starting to look at them so the dogs can become travel buddies. need to sell my 189FBR to be able to but one, but I figured the more info I can get, the better choice I can make. Thanks

Jwh92020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
Site Team

IIRC 2009 was the year they switched to the aluminum frame. Or maybe it was 2008. Not sure that's really a big deal other than older models might be a bit heavier.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #3

LJAZ - Thank you. Good info to have. lighter is better.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:08 PM   #4

I think mine is the era you are looking for. The only negative about mine is the previous owner was slacking on waterproofing maintenance and as a result there is some water damage in the front cap. I load up two bike (using Pitbull TRS system), a rolling toolbox, 3 gas cans, a generator (mine doesn't have one onboard). We have slept 4 adults: me and my wife on the bed, and two friends on the fold down benches / beds.

My only problem with it is that there is no specific place to put the removable table tops and the table support tubes.
snlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #5

snlsmith - I'm looking at the '04 -'08 era. just because I like the looks of them. I won't be hauling toys, but taking 3 large dogs across the country with us. I figure the garage area is a good place for their kennels when we are stopped. They sleep well in the truck while we are on the road.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:51 PM   #6

Do you want me to bring one of our XL dog crates (we have 5 dogs, 3 are over 100 lbs) out to the trailer and lower the bed down to show how much room you will have?
snlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #7

I appreciate the offer, but I don't think it's necessary. I looked at a couple from other mfgs and got an idea. I'm going to try and stay at a 20ft box.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:16 AM   #8

Send a message via ICQ to dthriftusa Send a message via MSN to dthriftusa
Default Trying To Get info On Older FF Toy Haulers

I've got a 2008 XTRA 200 XT in Fort Smith. I will be happy to answer any questions about this model you might have. 20' box.
dthriftusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:18 AM   #9

dthrift - I appreciate the offer. I searched and searched for a FF toy hauler, but all the ones I found were bigger & more $ than I wanted to go. I ended up getting a 2004 Thor 21 ft box TH that has a front batch, then kitchen area and 11 ft of open area from the first cabinet to the rear. I am basically turning it into a wide open travel trailer. The wife sleeps in a recliner so this gives us plenty of room for that. I am building a platform that sits on the wheel wells from the first cabinet to the rear door. That gives me 11 ft x 8 ft of raised living area, which is enough for 2 recliners, a bed for me and a desk area. The drop down bed will stay and be used for guests. I'm not climbing a ladder to get out of bed for a 3 am nature call!
Old 01-14-2018, 08:39 AM   #10

Send a message via ICQ to dthriftusa Send a message via MSN to dthriftusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwh92020 View Post
snlsmith - I'm looking at the '04 -'08 era. just because I like the looks of them. I won't be hauling toys, but taking 3 large dogs across the country with us. I figure the garage area is a good place for their kennels when we are stopped. They sleep well in the truck while we are on the road.
I've decided to sell my 2008 - 200 XL Extra if you are still looking.
dthriftusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #11

I appreciate the info, but I picked up a '04 Thor 21 ft TH back in December. It's a nice trailer and with some mods, it will work great for us. Just out of curiousity, what are you asking for yours?