Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #1

Default Two Irritating Things about Cruisers RV's

Here are two aspects of the company that I have found annoying. When one tries to access the Cruiser's Website as an owner, it is not possible to do. If you click on "Contact the Company", you get a mechanism that will allow them to send you a brochure. There is no way to send them an e mail for concerns, enquiries etc. I have found that rather annoying when you would like to get some response.

Secondly, the "LB" Brand flat screen Television that came with our 2009 18FBS is of the absolute poorest quality possible. When I finally got it working, the resolution and picture quality was very poor with minimal adjustments, and the sound quality was abysmal. It was so bad, I thought it had to be the cable connection. I replaced the TV with a Sharp and could not believe the difference. The model supplied must weigh about 6 lbs. I don't think I have ever seen such crap!! If they are going to supply a TV, they should at least put a decent product in. My Sharp is about $150.00 retail to me, so expense would not be great.

This is typical of the feedback I would like to send on to the company. But for whatever reason, they don't seem to invite input on their website.

I would be interested if anyone else feel similarly.

Ian Parsons

flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:08 AM   #2

ive called them with no problems, got to aperson every time, also got wrong info from them to. my tv that came in our 160 didnt even fit where it was supposed to go, we sent it back to them and they refunded the cost of the tv to us to buy another

Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #3

Default 2 annoying things

That's good news Rubicon. I should have done the same thing with my TV. I still wish they had an access e mail address on their website.

Ian Parsons
Old 05-28-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
Van

This really annoys me as well. For a RV company that targets a demographic that tends to be more tech savvy you would think their website would reflect that.

Take a look at Heartland RV. They have a big list of forums that representatives from the company, both sales/marketing and technical/service, monitor and provide feedback and information to participants and owners of their RVs. A nice touch.

I have been considering giving them a call for some time to air this issue with them. Just dont want to waste my time when it falls on deaf ears though...
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #5

Default Annoying things about Funfinder

They do have a toll free number on their website. I phoned, and you get an answering machine that tells you to phone other numbers, not toll. I bit the bullet and phoned, was put on hold, then given another toll number to call. I asked if there was an email address I might have for my concerns and was given one. In my email, which has not been answered to date, I mentioned my frustration at being unable to talk directly with someone. Perhaps I might get an answer, perhaps not. In this precarious age of economic meltdowns, this response almost gives one the impression that there may be "Those kind of Problems" at Cruisers. I sincerly hope not, but not having a good ready customer response does not convey a very positive message. For those interested in having it, I will post the email address in another message, as I have to exit to retrieve it.

Ian Parsons
Old 05-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #6

Default Two Annoying things

As promised, here is the email address I got from Cruisers: tompeck@dvsuites.com
As mentioned, I have not received a reply to my query, so do not know what kind of ultimate response I will get.

Ian Parsons
Old 05-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #7

Default Two Irritating Things

FYI I did get a response from Tom Peck @ Funfinder, and he was kind enough to consult the engineers on my problem. They do not recommend any kind of extra weight on the spare wheel carrier as installed on my 2009 FF 189FBS. The carrier is apparently fastened to the frame, which is tubular aluminum. Nuff said. Sadly there is no bumper of any kind on my unit, so I think I am hooped for carrying bikes, except on the roof of the TV, which I am not fussy about.

So, I have no solution to my dilemma. However, it was good to get an email address for somebody at FF who cares.

Ian Parsons
Comox Vally BC