Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #1

Default Two weeks in the Fun Finder

Just returned home from two weeks on the road in our FunFincer XT 276 traveling across South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming and back to home.

Great trip, enjoyed about a week at Kalispell and thru Glacier National Park. They finally got the fire out and opened the road thru Glacier. The ride in Glacier on the Harley was wonderful too.

Traveled down to Cody Wyoming and thru Yellowstone National Park also. The Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody has enlarged greatly since last there some 25 years ago but .. liked it better before the "improvements." The Buffalo Bill sections was far better before, now it's fragmented. The firearm display is very confusing in it's goofy layout ~ but lots of nice firearms.

We covered a couple thousand miles all together and everything in the XT276 functioned perfectly. That is except I didn't properly treat the black water tank so the sensor went off on the way to Glacier National Park...but at least know the sensors function.

The Dodge w/Hemi ran great and had plenty of power at all elevations including up to 9,600 feet going over some of the mountain passes.

We only stayed at two campgrounds during the trip ~ one in Kalispell and one in Cody. The other nights we did the WalMart overnight stays w/dry camping. The Honda 200i generators sure paid for themselves as it was pretty warm most evenings and A/C was a real blessing!! All the Walmarts we stayed overnight at, we had lots of company with anywhere from 20 - 35 others doing the same thing.

A grand time ~ yet nice to be home again.

Since I'm not computer wise, once the wife puts the pictures on the computer, will provide a link for your viewing pleasure.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:08 PM   #2

Just to add:

Total miles traveled: 2,851

Overall MPG: 9.9 MPG per the vehicle computer

I had hoped for a bit better mileage but .... it is what it is.

Old 08-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #3

Looking forward to the pictures! Sounds like a great trip. And yes -- mpg of around 10 is par for the course. Sometimes there are headwinds, and sometimes there are tailwinds, and there is nothing we can do about it.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:19 AM   #4

Default getting ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139
Looking forward to the pictures! Sounds like a great trip. And yes -- mpg of around 10 is par for the course. Sometimes there are headwinds, and sometimes there are tailwinds, and there is nothing we can do about it.
thank you we are getting ready to do that on sept 4th in an xt300 which my girlfirend and I love going to be gone from the 4th till the 21st and leaving louisana
slorydher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #5

Sounds great...looking forward to pics!