Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #1

Default Xt-276 fiberglass issues

Anyone have any issues with the fiberglass on the front cap , just noticed a hair line crack about 2 in on the front cap pretty high up , don't think it was a rock or anything , looks like stress maybe . Also the back ramp , looks like the one bolt they over tighten at the factory is now stressing the ramp door and out from the hinge there are a bunch of hairline stress cracks in the clear coat of the fiberglass . Of course one year old , so out of warranty , is this something to be concerned with , same hairline cracks in this fiberglass ? Thanks

securityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to shadow

good news is they are easy to fix, the hinge you should remedy when you can, the front cap I would mark or photo with some sort of scale and see if you get any propagation. You can drill stop the front cap and make the cosmetic repair, just don't get carried away, it is thin material

shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #3

I think I don't want to mess with , I will make it worst I think , this stuff is thin as paper , I need a pro I guess to fix this or I will just leave it .
securityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #4

I installed a large bubble level I can see from my rear view mirror on the front cap. It required drilling two mounting holes.

IIRC there was a thin gel/fiberglass layer over an AL2 sheet that I drilled thru and that is how the front cap is constructed.

To prevent water seepage, I squirted butyl rubber caulking in/around the drill holes before aligning the level and screwing it in place.