Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #1

Default Eco/Fun Finder Comparison

If I'm breaking protocol here asking about another brand forgive me. I asked this on the other website that have lots of FF owners.

I plan to buy a new trailer this spring. I think I've narrowed my choice to the FF189FBR or the Eco 718QB. I've been to the FF dealer and I've crawled all over the FF, opened every door, and explored it in depth. I really like the red interior with white cabinets and cherry flooring. The trailer struck me as being wel--built, although I didn't get to visit in a driving rain storm to check for leak worthiness.

My dilemma is I also like what I see on the Eco website regarding the Eco718QB. I like the presentation they have on their site that explains and details the construction. What I especially liked was what they show about the pressure testing of every trailer for water leaks (what I regard as the holy grail of stick built trailer construction). I have not seen an Eco in person, however.

In comparing the two trailers, darned if I see much difference (the Eco is 2 lbs lighter -- those geckos must be lighter that the FF's red graphics). What's more they are near identically configured to include the white cabinets, cherry floor, fold down front bunk with cabinet option. (I guess I could add Cikira here as well since that also appears to be an identical clone)

What I'm interested in is -- did any of you compare the FF to the Eco before you settled on the FF? What drove your decision? What do you think about the relative quality of both units?

Thanks -- and forgive me for asking the Ford questions in the Chevy dealership.

Ed

Old 03-26-2009, 05:54 AM   #2

Default Eco FF

Hi there; since no one looks to have replied I thought I would tell you what I can. I did not compare the two trailers prior to purchase, I own the FF189FBR and am a happy camper. My next trailer purchase will be a Fun Finder, I am hoping to bump up to the 210, waiting for the right time to sell and would love to see Cruiser RV make their gas fireplace available on the 210, not just the 160. Just looking for the walk around bed, larger shower, slide sofa (which is available in the newer 189's) and I like the oven, too for adding just 31/2 feet! As far as the water tightness test, check out the Sealtech Manufacturing inc. site. Locate the dealers that perform the test, lucky for me my closest Cruiser RV dealer does this test so on my next purchase I plan to ask them to perform the test prior to pickup, since the trailer will be under warranty anyway, plus since they do the Sealtech tightness test right there, maybe with the purchase I can get a discount or one for free. Best of luck, and which ever you decide on, have fun camping.

Kampnsfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #3

Default X139

Hi,
I bought my 2007 X139 used from a private party. They were extremely happy with it and hated to sell it. I did find some things that needed attention and I fixed them myself since it is now out of warranty. The things involved construction, like loose cabinets, no caulking on spare tire holder, no insulation around wiring that passes through the metal frame. These items I would attribute to the manufacturer. Other issues that people complain about, such as furnace, A/C, refrigerator, etc. are not really the fault of Cruiser, other than their choice of appliances. These items carry their own warranty separate from the Cruiser Corp.

Given the fact that my unit is comparatively inexpensive and light weight, I am quite satisfied with the construction. Keep in mind that heavier construction will add weight and cost to the unit and it would not be a less expensive unit. For a moderately used 2007 Funfinder, it has held up fairly well considering the former owner did almost nothing with it.

Bottom line is that I am happy, it is small (that's good), and it is easy to tow (that's good), and reasonably priced (that's real good). I am happy to have it and plan to use it very much beginning in spring. We used it sparingly this fall but spent lots of time putting it up for the winter and learning all about it. If you want a comparatively inexpensive unit and easy to tow, I would speak positively about it, especially since it will have a new 2 yr warranty (most are only 1 yr.) Make sure you have the dealer handle any problems that crop up during the warranty. I spoke to the service rep in the town that I bought it in. His claim is that many Cruisers have minor problems that need to be repaired, but that most Cruiser owners are happy and don't have many further issues after those are dealt with, at least during the warranty period.

My advice is to look it over very closely before delivery and bring it back to have all issues handled as soon as they appear. In the end, you should be happy if you can deal with the normal wear and tear issues that come up from time to time. As with all travel trailers, they need to be examined and caulked and recaulked often to keep them drip free. It's not like the old days of heavy, metal trailers that lasted many years without leaking. Use due diligence and inspect it often and you should avoid many of the problems people have. Remember, it is a less expensive and light weight unit. If you want something really well built and without minor problems, go to an Airstream dealer and check their prices. When you compare, I think you will find the Cruiser to be a fair value. Hope this helps you!
dmnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #4

we did some comparisons as the dealer had the Eco brand along with the View finder. We chose funfinder, obviously or we wouldnt be here. the Eco is a decent unit but in our opinion funfinder is a better put together unit IMHO
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:19 AM   #5

Default DVD on my JUNK

This could help ya , I made a DVD on some of the PROBLEMS im having with my 189FDS, give my a call and Ill send it to ya , Its the same one that I sent to FF and a few other people . 928 660-9138 Nathan
Megabusa is offline   Reply With Quote