Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2010, 08:47 AM   #1

Default New Owner

I just bought a 2006 Fun Finder 160 yesterday..... I intend to retire in Colorado in it next May.... can't wait.....

Howdy....

Sandeelfly

Old 08-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #2

I wish you the best and wish I was there..

Outther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #3

Default Next year

I'll porobably be spending May-Oct at Campground of the Rockies Association (C.O.R.A.) in Fairplay, Co. and the other 6 months at a year around RV Park in the Denver area.... 3 of my 6 sons live in Denver and 2 grandsons.... The other association in the running is Chateau Chaparral just south of Buena Vista in the Ankansas Valley... (CO). Since this place is in the "Banana Belt" I have a chance of staying there year around.... I will be checking out both in few weeks....

http://www.campgroundoftherockies.com/
http://chateauchaparral.com/

Cheers,
Old 08-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #4

Keep us posted. I really enjoyed my visit to Colorado last year. Lot's of outdoor things to do, but I can't imagine living in my FF-189 all winter there. What modifications are you doing to prepare?
Patient and understanding wife
dlhilliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:35 AM   #5

Default Colorado Preparation

The biggest area of trailer preparation will be insulation since the temps at 9,000 ft go down to freezing outside of July and August..... I will make or buy an insulated mobile home skirt with at least 2" of hard foam insulation. I'll probably use a small heater under the trailer in really cold nights....even a light bulb might do.... insulating all the areas where water lines are visable....I also saw a suggestion to glue solid foam pannels to the trailer underside.... Outside I think I'll install a prefab "carport" like structure....Haven't checked a price yet.... This will add protection from the sun and to some extent the wind.... a 16X16 should do it.... I suppose I should put the trailer on jack stands and the tires off the ground for long periods.... If anybody has any more ideas please let me know....

http://www.carportgallery.com/cgi-bi...rs&img=23&tn=1

[/img]
Old 08-23-2010, 06:41 AM   #6

By crawling under my FF-189 I've noticed that with one small change to the water piping, all the fresh water system would be contained in one frame section. If you enclose this frame section with a metal or plastic panel, a light bulb should be adequate to prevent freezing. I'm considering this mod to extend my camping season. Maybe it could be used on your FF-160. Has anyone tried this??
Patient and understanding wife
dlhilliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #7

Default Re: New Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeelfly
I just bought a 2006 Fun Finder 160 yesterday..... I intend to retire in Colorado in it next May.... can't wait.....

Howdy....

Sandeelfly
Hi Sandeelfly, It will be a while before I retire but not for my father-in-law and my mother-in-law. They were looking for something to go across country. Are there appliances on board, plus other amenities? Can you offer any advice on what type of fun finder they could buy? They will, occasionally, take my six year old with them in the summer months.

« - | 12 Volt Socket(s)? »