Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2015, 08:51 AM   #1

Default Picking Up the 215WSK Tomorrow! First trip this weekend!

Yay!

I've upgrade the mirrors on the Avalanche to the factory super-sized plank style tow mirrors to see around the wider trailer - a foot wider than our Chalet Aframe.

Going to the dealer to take delivery on Thursday morning. I will be testing an observing many things very closely thanks to issues mentioned in this forum - thanks to all who have posted! Once hitched up (bought the E2 equalizer), will be bringing it by the house to load up what we took out of the old camper. Then off for a shakedown weekend at Shenandoah State Park, VA near Front Royal.

Ready for the weekend!

WSKinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #2

One thing I would check for sure is the refrigerator's "Auto" switching mode. When it's plugged into 110 Volt source it should show "Auto AC" and when you unplug the shore power cord, it should automatically switch itself over to operate on propane and show "Auto Gas" on the display (push "Mode" to see display). Make sure that the propane has been turned on and that the lines are filled normally. You'll want to check the furnace function while you have the propane on also. Check for heat at the floor level vents (the roof vents are for circulation only and run off the A/C unit when plugged into 110V. When running the furnace on 12V only (not plugged in) the roof vents are quiet.

The refrigerator switching is very important as it allows your food to stay cold while traveling down the road and also one system function that a member (Michelle) had a difficult time getting fixed when it didn't work properly.

Also, have the dealer show you where the manual override is that allows you to manually bring the slide-out in should you ever lose battery power for any reason. On our 215WSD, you can use the same "speed-handle" wrench normally used to deploy the stabilizers on another hex fitting behind the steps.

Also, keep in mind that it normally can take about 8 hours for the fridge to get down to normal operating temps so allow that into your trip plans.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #3

If you can, it may be a good idea to video the "walkaround" with the dealer -- there are too many things to remember, we found. On the other hand, you are not a trailer newbie, so you may not find the process as daunting as we did!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:24 PM   #4

Our technician who did the PDI and walk-around was very thorough and professional, but a bit camera shy none the less. As a videographer, I never shoot video of anyone unless they're comfortable with it so I got a very limited video of our "Delivery Day" experience. It's on our channel if you're interested

Old 05-13-2015, 07:20 AM   #5

The delivery experience was a bit less technical at McGeorges. They had a service dept rep walk around the coach to identify all of the parts and their operation. Since already had campers with many of the same systems, this went rather quickly as I only focused on what was different from our previous campers, which was not much.

The primary differences - a) the motorized awning with rain runoff adjustment, b) the two way fridge (as opposed to three way we had before), c) the black water tank and sensor flush (only had fresh and gray tanks before), d) the water heater - still not too clear about this suburban; is gas only, or electric, too?, e) the antennae, f) care and maint. of the rubber roof., and g) the slideout.

Much of the rest I either already knew, or am using forums like this one to figure out.

Compared to what others have said about their dealers, I'd rate McGeorges a B- or C+ on the delivery.
WSKinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:07 AM   #6

WSKinVA
Just a note: I've never used my water heater on electric, only gas. Recovery is much quicker on gas.
For the rubber roof, I've discovered special rubber roof soap/cleaner does a superior job compared to 'car wash soap.'
I also ordered a gallon of 303 aerospace protectant (from Amazon) and will be using it on the rubber roof and front/sides of the camper after the next wash job.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #7

How do you all like the 215WSK? I know they are older models now, but I really like the floorplan and am looking to purchase one..
Boilerup404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:51 PM   #8

I have a 2012 215WSK and I love it. Well thought out trailer, great for just my wife and I. I did a few mods to it, got rid of the electric stabalizer, added an inverter to the front storage area, added sat. hook up for my sat. dish. Great trailer
seismo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #9

That's awesome. It just me and my pup and whoever else I can find to take a trip with. I plan to tear out the dinette and put in a couple low profile recliners. If needed, that space could also accommodate an air mattress. My only problem is finding them. The only one near me on rvtrader is wayyyy overpriced and the others all seem to be on the other side of the country...

Boilerup404 is offline   Reply With Quote