Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #1

Default So. Cal. Cruiser RV Owners Group

I am starting this thread for all Southern California Cruiser RV owners to communicate and post outings. We had a great time at the first So. Cal. rally in May 2014. If you have a camping trip planned and want to share the experience with other Cruiser RV owners then post it here. No pressure to join in, but we have met some great people with similar interests.

rsgault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #2

Come join us for a relaxing weekend after Christmas at Rancho Jurupa Park. We have booked Site #225 in the Cottonwood Loop from Fri. Dec. 26 to Mon. Dec. 29 2014. http://www.rivcoparksreservations.org/

Old 12-31-2014, 12:23 AM   #3

Default Quartzsite, AZ

Rich and Stephanie-
We and our friends are going to dry camp somewhere among the thousands of other "RV friends" during the Main Event week at Quartzsite...We will probably arrive on Jan 23 for 3-4 nights depending on weather. Of course that might be the last place on this earth you would want to be given the crowds. Let me know through the message system if you have an interest in joining us.
Jamie and Karola Brown
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgault
Come join us for a relaxing weekend after Christmas at Rancho Jurupa Park. We have booked Site #225 in the Cottonwood Loop from Fri. Dec. 26 to Mon. Dec. 29 2014. http://www.rivcoparksreservations.org/
Hi Rich and Stephanie,

Since we live in Georgia and your event window has closed, it seems we will have missed the opportunity. However, my point here is that I wanted to let you know that I think it very cool that you would put this out there in an attempt to establish some Fun Finder camaraderie. We need more of this on this forum in my opinion.

Hope you had a great time and if you're ever headed out to the "right coast", give us a heads up

Regards,
Neil & Yoly

Old 01-05-2015, 08:21 AM   #5

We had a very nice time after Christmas. A little cold and windy for the first part of the weekend but otherwise nice.

Jamie & Karola, We would love to get together sometime in the future. We can't do Quartzsite this year but might sometime in the future. Let us know if you have something planned in the future and we will do the same. Maybe we can meet somewhere this year. We try to camp once a month year round. It would be great to meet you.

Neil & Yoly, We would love to visit the East Coast someday. Until we are able to retire I don't think we can pull it off.
I was able to get a few families together last May for a rally. I have mentioned getting together with several other Fun Finder owners but never heard any more from them. Either way Stephanie & I love our trailer and enjoy our time together even just by ourselves. Hopefully our paths may cross someday.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #6

Hey Rich and Stephanie,

We have plans to be in The Heart of Gold for more than 6 months this year starting in 9 days We'll be up at Lake Tahoe this summer for 4 months and possibly routing back to Georgia through your area (we have good friends in Apple Valley) in the latter half of September so maybe our paths will get to cross

Neil & Yoly

Old 01-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travels with Yoly
Hey Rich and Stephanie,

We have plans to be in The Heart of Gold for more than 6 months this year starting in 9 days We'll be up at Lake Tahoe this summer for 4 months and possibly routing back to Georgia through your area (we have good friends in Apple Valley) in the latter half of September so maybe our paths will get to cross

Neil & Yoly
Oh! We wish we could spend 4 months at Lake Tahoe. We haven't been to Tahoe since 2010 and so want to go back. Enjoy your trip! Keep us posted as to your whereabouts and hopefully we can meet up somewhere.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:13 PM   #8

Default Lake Skinner Oct. 30-Nov.1 2015

Any interest in joining us at Lake Skinner for Halloween weekend?
Old 04-15-2015, 09:24 PM   #9

Rich & Stephanie .... I'll let you know what our schedule looks like when our tour of duty is over at the end of September

We have friends who live in Apple Valley and we'd like to stay somewhere close to them for a couple days on our way back home.

Halloween is a bit far off for us. We had hoped to be back in Alabama by October 9th for the Vintage Races at Barber Motorsports Park

Old 06-30-2015, 07:46 AM   #10

Anyone in So. Cal. been using their trailers lately? Been a little quiet here. Anyone have any plans coming up? Saw a larger Funfinder southbound on the 101 just south of Buellton last Saturday morning. Don't imagine they are here on this forum but would love to hear from them.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:43 AM   #11

Hey Rich & Stephanie,

If you've been keeping up with my posts here, you'd know that we bailed early on the Lake Tahoe work-camper deal at the end of May. We were headed to So. Cal to visit our friends in Apple Valley and got as far as Bakersfield when we found out that they weren't in a position to have visitors due to health issues so we turned our sail eastward. To be honest, we had completely forgotten about our promise to contact you so please accept our apologies

We did entertain an option to visit friends in Laguna Niguel but we couldn't find any campgrounds within 50 miles that had availability. We would have loved to stay at an oceanside State Park due to the heat, but they were completely booked.

Best,
Neil & Yoly

Old 06-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #12

Neil & Yoly,

Sorry we missed you. Sorry to see that you have kind of burned out of the traveling scene. Good luck selling your Funfinder. Sorry you couldn't find anyplace in close proximity to your friends to visit. Not that it matters now but there is a wonderful county park in North San Diego county in Oceanside. Guajome Regional Park has campsites that are very nice and fairly inexpensive. We very much like it. Best of luck to you two.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgault
Neil & Yoly,

Sorry we missed you. Sorry to see that you have kind of burned out of the traveling scene. Good luck selling your Funfinder. Sorry you couldn't find anyplace in close proximity to your friends to visit. Not that it matters now but there is a wonderful county park in North San Diego county in Oceanside. Guajome Regional Park has campsites that are very nice and fairly inexpensive. We very much like it. Best of luck to you two.
DRATS !!! That would have been perfect. I have to wonder though if it would have been booked like all the other parks in the area. Thanks for the info ... now I really regret my memory loss

Old 09-03-2016, 10:45 PM   #14

We are back here at Guajome Park, site of the first So. Cal Cruiser rv rally. Not much happening here in So Cal. with this forum. I would love to see people wanting to get out and camp with us. Anybody interested in getting together?
Old 09-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #15

Sorry. I do watch the forum from time to time, but Guajome was not in the cards this time. We were at Green Valley Lake campground (between Arrowhead and Big Bear) with family. Just got back.
Jamie
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #16

Jamie,

Understand that it didn't work this time. Maybe we can get together sometime in the future. Let us know if you would like to get together. How is the campground at Green Valley Lake? I have never been there. Don't know much about it. We have stayed at Serrano over in Big Bear.

Rich